or Connect

Posts by zakdat

With my first I gained 28 lb (roughly) and he was 8lb8oz.  My second I gained about the same and he was 8lb7oz.  My last one, however, I craved poptarts, poutine and other not-great-for-me-but-perfect-at-the-time foods, which caused me to gain 45lb.  He topped out at 10lb4oz, but he was so strong and content.  I'm really hoping that this one will be back at the 8lb range - 10lbs didn't necessarily hurt more, but it was much harder work lol!   I had an unfortunate...
I'm very lucky when it comes to childcare during labor.  We used to live across the street from my grandmother, so the kids just went to her house with the birth of our second and third.  Now we're living on an acreage with my parents, so the kids will likely just to go the basement and have a sleepover at 'gramma and grandpas.'  My mom helps with the birth, and my dad would take care of the kidlets.  We've contemplated having the kids there for the birth, but I find...
  Little baby hat and Bootie #1.  It seems like I pick up crochet every couple of years or so.  I find that I like doing hats, but this was my first bootie.  We'll have to see how the second one works out.  Hopefully I'll get it done before babe is born!  lol.  This was my first time working from a pattern - normally I just wing it.  Oh, and my first crochet flower as well - I'm planning on sewing it on better, and attaching a button or something in the center.  We'll...
Hahaha!!!  What a great (and funny) idea.  Speaking of which... I'm going to go take my prenatal now.  lol.
 That was exactly my worry as well.  I am close with my inlaws - we only live 2 miles away and we see them very often, and yet I still go to my mom first when I have a problem.  I was worried about being the 'other' grandma.  I take comfort in the fact that I'm doing my best to build the kind of relationship with my boys now that can last into their adulthood and I hope that will facilitate the same kind of closeness when they have their own families.  Only time will tell...
All we have is Netflix.  We don't watch a lot of tv, so between Netflix and the movies we own, we can usually find something if we want to watch anything.  I used to watch shows online, but now we live on an acreage and have limited internet, so we have to be careful with how many movies/shows we watch.  We love the Babies documentary - we've seen it numerous times now.  It's funny and so sweet.
 :)  It's a great name.  We liked it because it seemed timeless and classic.
I went through that when we found out that our third was a boy.  I was disappointed, but felt like I shouldn't be which made me feel guilty.  The good thing is that once you've adjusted to the thought of three boys and you have that little one safe in your arms, you won't be able to imagine your life any other way.  Give yourself time to grieve and know that any lack of excitement you're feeling is temporary.  
I love, love, love Miranda Claire.  So elegant.   My girl name for the last 3 pregnancies has been Rowan Idella.  Idella is my grandmother's name, and I've always been really close to her so I would love to honor that relationship by naming her first great granddaughter after her.  I've always loved the name Rowan, but now that we know we're having a girl, DH doesn't seem enamored with it.  He wants a more feminine name.  Now we have the challenge of coming up with names...
We're having a girl!!!  Her brothers are thrilled.