or Connect

Posts by TabithaB

My daughter is 3 1/2 years old and has had no vaccinations.  She has never one had a sick visit.  She hasn't even really had well visits.  Never sick, no ear infections.  I believe that she caught Rorovirus (or a really bad stomach bug) (I didn't know that babies could puke like that).  She has never once had a sick visit.  She hasn't even really had well visits.  Never sick, no ear infections. 
I sympathize.  I just had the same problem.  My daughter grew up with our cat from kitten.  Suddenly the cat started just getting really mean with my three year old.  She knocked her down about 8 steps and that was when I said that I am done.  We gave it away and my daughter only really took very little notice.  We told her that kitty went to go live with Uncle Richard because kitty was hurting her and mommy doesn't like things hurting her baby. and that maybe she could...
Wow.  this all went seriously off topic.
Can a febrile seizure happen as/after the fever "breaks"? I just think my two year old daughter had a febrile seizure.  She was running a fever last night.  She has never really been sick or had much of a fever.  Her temperature got as high as 102.9 last.  I didn't give her anything for it because she didn't seem to be in any distress, not fussy, a little clingy, but drinking and nursing.  Seemed fine.  I had decided to react if it got any higher but it didn't ....
Floradix is awesome.  It really does help.  My midwives were going to risk me out if I didn't get my iron back up in a hurry.  It really doDes help.  I still take it when I am feeling run down.  All the B vitamins and Iron really give you what you need and bring back my energy.  I had to get from like 7.5 back up to 10 in a hurry and I really did work.  It doesn't have the nasty side effects that the Dr. prescribed or OTC supplements have either.  It actually doesn't...
I just think my two year old daughter had a febrile seizure.  She was running a fever last night.  She has never really been sick or had much of a fever.  Her temperature got as high as 102.9 last.  I didn't give her anything for it because she didn't seem to be in any distress, not fussy, a little clingy, but drinking and nursing.  Seemed fine.  I had decided to react if it got any higher but it didn't .   We dozed off and went to sleep when her temperature was...
Following:  I haven't vaccinated my almost 2 year old and don't intend to give any more to my 10 year old.  I have already gotten stuff pushing Gardasil on him.
1. I have to say that I am not a saint.  I have went and whited out the date on an old physical and used it to turn in for a 3 day Cub Scout Camp out that was to much of a pain to get in.  Scheduling and paying for a doctor visit...blah blah blah.   2. Now I don't think that I would be so bold as to forge something like that for school.  That just seems like something that could be counterproductive and could come back to haunt you later.  Not to mention losing your...
I am out in left field on this one.  I haven't had my 19 month old in since her 4 month visit.  This is judgmental, but I don't really need someone to tell me to not shake my baby and remind me to not leave her in the bath alone, etc.  I don't really need the hand holding.  I don't vaccinate yet.  Don't plan on starting until at least 2 or maybe three and don't want the lectures anymore.  I have actually had 2 doctor's offices decline to see me because of my vaccine...
Hello.  I live in Springfield,  My name is Tabitha.  I have a 9 year old boy and a 19 month old daughter.  I haven't had a whole lot of luck on the vaccine friendly docs around here but haven't really applied myself to it either.  The Chatham Veterinary Clinic is really good for being reasonable.  They seem to cost less that most of the clinics in town.    I don't really get into the baby wearing groups or anything like that, don't take the time.  But most of the...