or Connect

Posts by rachieface

Hi everyone! I've bee MIA for a little while because we found out a week ago that we have to be out of our apartment by the end of May. The new owners of our building are rehabbing the whole thing and kicking all tenants out. Finding an apartment and moving is exactly what I wanted to do with a 2 month old...not.   Anyway, long story short, after a crazy week of emotional ups and downs, we found a new place (in our price range, barely, which is remarkable for our...
I don't have a perfect system for this, but what I've found works best is pumping a little randomly once a week or so in the morning when baby has slept a bit longer the previous night. I don't have the energy or need to do it every morning at this point...
Violet had some diarrhea and extra spitting a couple weeks ago, coinciding with her brother's Rotavirus. She seemed a bit unhappy and I worried for a couple days, but soon she was totally fine. So I vote for bug too. DO NOT beat yourself up about going on a trip; bugs happen outside of planes too. Hope your sister lightens up. :/   And baby diarrhea is runnier and just...more of it, in my experience.
    Here's my happy girl this morning!
I think that for most effective LAM baby can't go more than 6 hours without nursing. Granted, i dont practice LAM well because we use a paci and a crib for part of the night, but i was hoping to hold off AF till at least 4 months, which is when it returned with DS. Seems like my friends who dont EBF keep theirs away longer!
So, it looks like my cycle's back in town. I started bleeding again today after more than a week without blood. UGH. Could this be something else? It's probably my period, right? This is my payback for having a good sleeper, though I think she still nurses at least every 5 hours.   I am making my fertile husband stay FAR FAR away from me until I get the IUD in a couple weeks.
These kids are killing me with their adorableness! I LOVE BABIES. Will try to get some pics of Vi up soon!
It is a hard balance! Despite being a redhead, I don't burn easily, and my almost-3 year old has never gotten burned, so I guess I'm not super cautious about it. It has been pretty cool here still so usually everything except face/head is covered, but I haven't thought too much about it. It sounds like your little one will be fine; common sense is key, along with a recognition of whether or not your genetics tend towards sunburn. I think Chloe'sMama is right about burns,...
I am! Started around 3 weeks.Things are going great. The biggest obstacles so far were that i got sick last week with a cold and DS has been sick this week (rotavirus?). So that has put a kink in things, but things were going well. Monday night I got to the gym for Zumba while DH watched the kids, so that was awesome. I'm also running and doing some circuit training videos.What do I need to get into a routine? A gym with childcare! I love our YMCA that is like 2 blocks...
Hi ladies, glad to hear things are going pretty well.  Odin's mama, I hope things start going better at night. Staci, hopefully it won't be too long before your little guy will let you start putting him down a bit more.   We're doing pretty well. Is it normal to have ridiculous emotional ups and downs still? Violet is almost 7 weeks old, and Wednesday night I had a crazy anxious freak out. She wouldn't go to sleep and emotionally it just did me in, and then when she...