or Connect

Posts by Mami_Feliz

Thank you! I passed this on to my mother (a scientist) and she loved it.
Astraia - I really want my midwife to be completely hands off too. I've had that conversation with her and I think she understood. I can understand your stress after giving birth unassisted. I had midwives at both my births, but DS2's birth was so calm and relaxed, I didn't really need/want anyone in the room with me. This time I would really like to be left totally alone and just know that the midwife is there if I need her. I'd like to receive baby myself too. I'm...
I'm 31 weeks with #3 and was also surprised by people's reactions. Some people gave a nervous laugh, others seemed worried or even a bit disapproving... Some were, of course, over the moon. I'm very happy and comfortable with the pregnancy so I've actually found it quite funny to see that it makes people uncomfortable. I live in a place where three kids is a large family, so perhaps people are just very surprised. I have a very good friend who was with me when I told...
DS1 was a terrible sleeper and I spent the first two years completely sleep-deprived. He's now 6 and sleeps like a rock (probably has since he was about 3). At the time I was frazzled, but it truly does get better eventually. When I was really desperate I would get the babysitter in for two hours so that I could catch up on sleep - best money I ever spent! Can you find someone to help you get some extra sleep?
This is our third too. DH is definitely quite blase about everything, but I am too, so I think he's just following me. I found it much harder in my first pregnancy when I wanted him to be so much more connected and he didn't really know how to be.   If I need something practical, like a nap or specific help with something, then I tell him and he always helps out. I don't really look for anything more emotional as I think I've accepted that he doesn't really get it...
We had friends coming to visit the day after DS1 was born (we don't have any family nearby). I didn't mind too much until about day 4 when I just wanted peace and quiet. For DS2 I planned to tell people not to come by for a couple of days. However, everyone was a lot less excited about our second baby, so we didn't get so many visits! I think that the fact that we were now a "proper family" also made people more respectful of our family space and needs. Both were...
I was given Amoxicillin, which is considered safe during pregnancy. I was a bit nervous about taking antibiotics, but my (very natural) midwife said it was fine and so did the doctor. My chest infection cleared up within 24 hours, and I felt human again! Hope you feel better soon.
Hi Linnie, I just had bronchitis and it was so miserable. The antibiotics kicked in within 24 hours for me and now (6 days on) I'm pretty much back to normal. One of my big worries was total loss of appetite for a week - all I wanted was tea and fruit. I lost a few pounds, but making up for it now...
Due around May 20th (keeps getting changed, so I'm thinking more in terms of "mid to late May"). We're having a surprise! I knew that my boys were both boys, and since this will be the last I thought it would be fun to experience not knowing. Getting very curious though, so we'll see if I manage to resist.
I have the same dilemma. I'm in Europe but have a two-week trip to the states booked at 34 weeks, coming back at 36 weeks. Ironically my trip is to do a midwifery assistance course at The Farm in Tennessee - so, should early labour occur, I would be in very good hands! I talked to my midwife about it and she said that so long as I feel fine (and can get insurance and airline accepts me), then I should go for it. My main worry is that I'm just really uncomfortable and...