or Connect

Posts by Mami_Feliz

Weeks/Days along: 10w 1d Appointments: Midwife appointment at 7 weeks. Next one is scan at 12 weeks. I went for a private scan at 8 weeks as I was desperately worried about another miscarriage. I really needed some reassurance. Little bean was the right size for dates and I saw heart beating, so now a bit more relaxed. I felt a little bad as I don't want to have more scans than necessary, but I just too nervous. Symptoms: Still some nausea, though it's getting...
Hi everyone, Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I've stopped worrying about it and now I'm helping him, but he does help out actively with a lot of it. He doesn't become a limp doll on me like he was doing! So, much better - and, most importantly, our days start gently and not with an argument. Generally, with both the boys we've never put pressure on them to do anything before they were ready, and I'm good at trusting my own intuition, so I'm not sure why I got...
  Basically he won't do anything by himself. Occasionally, when he's very excited about going to do something, he does the whole lot. Unfortunately, now I've made the situation worse by pushing him too much and he doesn't want to get dressed at all.     Thank you -  I think I've just seen the light! I've been seeing how every other child at preschool is very capable with all these things and I've been feeling that we've been holding our son back by doing too much for...
My four-year old hates dressing himself in the morning. It becomes a massive issue every morning and I just don't know how to deal with it. It generally ends up being a big battle of wills and I get really cross. It's a terrible way to start the day and I really need to find another way of dealing with it. He's quite independent in some ways, yet is really clinging on to some baby ways - he wants me to do a lot of things for him (including dressing him) and he isn't...
I was nervous about my second, but it really was so much easier than with my first. You don't realise how much you've learned until you have your next baby. Everything that I had stressed about so much with my first just seemed like a non-issue with my second - sleeping, breastfeeding, eating, just about everything really... Now, they are 4 and 6 and they play so much together and love each other so much. It makes life a lot easier as they each have a playmate on hand....
Hi, I'm a HypnoBirthing practitioner. I used it for my second son, and was so blown away by it that I became a practitioner to be able to share it.  I think that once you have had a calm, confident birth (with or without a hypno technique) that confidence stays with you. It so completely changed my understanding of birthing that I know I just won't bring any of the tension or anxiety that was with me in my first birth to my next birth.   For HypnoBirthing, I would...
Here in Spain this is the first scan they do on the public system. The nuchal translucency is one measurement that comes out of this scan. They combine this with a bloodtest to give you a "probability" number. I guess it's the same in the States. I was given this info for both of my boys and both were very low probability so it was good to know. Having said that, if one had been a high probability, then that could have been a stressful pregnancy.   So, this time, I'm...
Great suggestions, thank you! I hadn't even thought about yoghurt as I don't eat it much, but I could definitely do that. I love nuts, so yes, I should up consumption of those. Also hadn't thought about oatmeal or quinoa.
A few months ago I cut wheat out of my diet and started eating more protein. I felt great and lost a little weight too. Now that I'm pregnant and really need to take care of myself, I find that I really want to eat bready foods and the idea of eggs or fish (I don't eat red meat) really turns me off. I'm quite nauseous, with a ridiculously acute sense of smell and quite strong food aversions.   The thing is that I was the same with my other two pregnancies and I...
Our kids (6 & 4) have been going to an alternative preschool for a year and I really like the way that they deal with this. The child who has hurt the other child (on purpose or by accident) has to stay and "accompany" the other child, until the other child feels okay (they just have to sit there - they don't need to do or say anything). So, the one who causes the situation has to stay very present. Then, depending on what happened, the carer will talk to the child about...