or Connect

Posts by sweetpeas

Not sure what type of co-ops you're looking for, I live near Reading, PA and run a monthly Frontier co-op and other random co-ops for toys & such as they're asked for. You can PM me for the link to my yahoo group (I'm assuming it would be considered spam if I posted it here).
Quote: Originally Posted by diosa25 I have heard to use Lavender or TTO in the wash when washing cloth diapers as they are antiseptic but am not sure how to go about this. Does anyone know. Do I just put a few drops into the liquid detergent and then pour into the wash? I read somehwere to add the oils to a rinse cycle but not sure how to add them. I use a front loader and there is not a pool of water waiting to dillute it. Should I dillute it first and...
I haven't read the other replies yet, but my kids (twin girls) are currently 4. I haven't found a need to join a specific homeschool group at this point, mainly because we seem to be too busy now LOL. I think I'm blessed that our religion traditionally has advocated a later start to schooling so most of my church friends do not have their kids in preschool and such, which means at 4, we still have a pretty good base of friends who will go to school but aren't yet. The...
I haven't read all the replies, but here are my random thoughts on it. One of my girls went through a phase where she was adamant about scribbling instead of coloring, I actually really enjoy coloring, even now, and if she "caught" me coloring she'd tell em to scribble, then take my hand and "make" me scribble. She still, if given a coloring page to color, scribbles on it for 30 seconds and is done (her twin sister generally takes a long time and colors mostly in the...
I'm doing one room a month, I'm on another forum that's doing this, so I do whatever room is that month's "room" but if I were just doing it on my own, I'd start with the closets or other "storage" areas, that way as I declutter the areas that are our living space I can put things in an organized fashion into the storage areas. For me, I definitely need a month per room, I do little bits at a time, and then hope for at least one, ideally two, Sundays that dh takes the...
First & 2nd birthdays were one party, family only, one "theme" (picked by me). Third birthday was one party, friends & family, each girl chose her own "theme". Fourth birthday we did a "kid party" where each girl was allowed to choose up to 4 friends to invite, and then we had a "family party" for the grandparents & such on the weekend. Again, each girl chose her own "theme" for the kid party (we made brownies to supplement the leftover cake from the kid party for the...
We're just Finishing up the Insect unit (started w/ families & doing them in order). There are definitely things we skip (some of the handwork stuff especially, my kids aren't into doing things w/ help so unless it's something I think they can do on their own, or the end result is something they will like (in which case I just do it & they can help/watch or not) and stuff we rearrange, but it provides a nice guideline to follow. Starting in the fall my friend's going to...
Haven't read the other replies, so sorry if this is a repeat. It took me a couple months (3 maybe?) to figure it out, but then what I would do was to lay one baby across my lap & lean forward enough that she could reach my breast (horrible posture, but it worked LOL) Then for the 2nd baby I would set the diaper bag (or a sofa pillow if we were at someone's house) beside me on the side closest to my "free" breast. I'd lay the 2nd baby on the diaper bag & her sister's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla What exactly is the problem with regular white parafin candles? http://www.soywaxcandleinfo.org/soy_candles.htm Quote: Originally Posted by daniedb I make soy candles and have for years, and I've done a lot of research - you are definitely right, any candle that is not 100% soy scented with essential oils does have chemical components. There are also other natural waxes used in...
My issue with this (twins or not) is that it's not just about babies. She'll be 80 when they're 20. What are the odds of her being there for their wedding, or the birth of their children . . . my parents are a great source of emotional support for me, we do tons of stuff together my girls love doing stuff w/ their grandparents. I love sharing stuff with them . . . I just LOVE my adult relationship with them. Obviously there are no guarantees in life, but having a baby at...