or Connect

Posts by Julieee

Can you tell me a little bit about this after bath massage? My son's the same way... indifferent.  He might spend a minute here or there crying but then he's fine and then back to crying.  How long does your bathtime take?  I make it as quick as possible!  I forgot I have an activity mat!!!!!! I'll use that when he wakes up!!!!    
This is a cool thread! So neat to hear about the babies growing and developing!!! Between 2wks & 3wks, Grey turned into a completely different baby.  He started moving his head/neck just barely before 2 weeks.  He followed me with his eyes at 3 weeks and smiled for the first time 2 days shy of 5 weeks.  Like gumshoegirl said, he's totally a BABY now.  Not a newborn.  The only weird thing is, he's the size of a newborn!  Ha!   Just 3 days ago was the first time he...
I think we're doing this right, cause Grey is definitely getting bigger, having regular bowl movements and lots of pee.... but it's changed since he was first born so I hope he's not missing his hind milk intake...   When he was first born, it took everything to keep him awake.  I'd strip him down to his bare diaper, even taking that off sometimes!  I knew he finished when he pulled away.  Now that he's older and likes to suck/pull/play, I usually say he's done when...
Yeah seriously 100oz?? I have NOTHING! I have two weeks left and am going to start taking Fenugreek today.  Has anyone used that before? I'm nervous to take it.  I might call our local LC and ask what to take.  Becca, this is my first baby and I'm completely nervous about pumping at work too. I'm one who usually skips my breaks because I'm so involved in my work!  Plus, the way my breaks are, I won't get to pump enough.  I'm going to ask if I can take 3 ten minute...
Thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we post baby pictures and 1 month pictures in the same post.  We can add on for 2  months etc.   Here's mine:    He's getting burped here... looks a little pissed huh? 
How many of us are going back to work soon? I go back May 30th which will put at 2 months off of work.  I'm looking forward to going back because some great progress has been made at my work since I left.  I'm absolutely terrified of leaving my baby.  Not that my husband can't take care of him, but the sadness I will feel.  I'm going to start taking fenugreek to get enough milk stored up for the first few days I'm gone.  2 days before I go back to work, I'm going to...
OHHH I'm so sorry! I go back May 30th and that's with me taking over 2 weeks of "bonding time" with baby.  I used my vacation time to fill in the gap.  It would've been nice to take the 12 weeks I was planning on, but I can't afford it!!  Bummer.  I feel your pain though, I'm so sorry....... we should start an  "end of LOA thread"!!!    
divemaster.... how many times would you guess you were told "LOOK AT THAT HAIR?"  :)  I decided I should've started charging $5.00 to every person who says that... I could be on a maternity leave for 3 more months!!!!!!!  He's a beauty!!!
I'm so glad this thread was started!!!!!  This is my first baby and so far, nursing has been great!!!!  Since my baby started getting a stronger neck, he sucks and PULLS so hard!  I notice he does it when he's not really nursing, he's more "playing" or at least that's what I think.  I stop him right away because I don't want him to develop that habit.  Anyone else have this problem?    Nursing is amazing and I'm so very thankful it's been a success so far!  I'm going...
Geez!!!! That's stupid! I'm so sorry!  I have some pictures where I think my baby looks ridiculously weird (pictures i've only shared with a few people) but that's what he looked like.... very swollen and confused looking!  I'm sorry your in-laws are turds.  My in-laws are going to be meeting my son in a week... if they say one negative thing, OUT THE DOOR WE GO!!!  :)