or Connect

Posts by Nammymom

This is very encouraging. Mamarhu, we're also in the Portland area! I requested the package from DHS and contacted another foster mom. Do you all think it'd be reasonable to bring a foster child inot our family now, with our kids 1 and 5 yrs old, or would you recommend we wait until they are older? We think thye'd adjust to a baby more easily than say an older child. Do you ever have contact to your childrens' birth parents? When a child leaves your family,...
Hello, My hubby and I keep coming back to wanting to be foster parents. We have one bio child and one adopted and would like to foster infants (one baby at a time). Please tell me what you wish you'd known. How to navigate the system, issues that might come up and how to deal with them. I've heard there can be a bias towards foster parents in general based on the horror stories we read about in the paper. Meaning, medical providers might treat foster parents...
Yes, and maybe my daughter will nurse enough during the flight to keep milk going. This is an induced lactation situation (we adopted our daughter) and my milk supply is very precarious. The tiniest thing (including stress) can reduce milk. But I've found if I manage to pump at least 3-5 times in a 24hr period, my body makes enough milk for her. Since I'm somewhat stressed out about the trip, and seeing the relatives, I want to control what I can to keep up the...
We'll be flying to Europe over Xmas with baby and in order to keep up my milk supply I need to pump several times a day. I'll bring my handpump in my carry-on but am curious about the practical know how on pumping and keeping things sanitary during such a long flight. We'll have 2 stops. How do you keep milk cold that long? I'm familiar with TSA regulations and plan to bring at least 1 ounce of milk plus 2 cooling packs with me. But then, do I pump in my...
I'm looking to buy a soft carrier to use mostly as a back pack but with the flexibility of wearing baby in front etc. Which carrier would you recommend? I'm leaning towards the Ergo, but am balking at the steep price for a new one ($105+). I have a baby (almost 6 months). She's very snugly, and if she's anything like her brother (uneager to walk) we may use the carrier for a long time. I have a hardware Kelty and my son hated it. I really want a soft...
Called "is your body babyfriendly?". It's about the underlying immunological issues that can manifest in recurrent pregnancy loss, unexplained infertility, and IVF failure. It's geared for those of us who end up diagnosed with "bad luck, no medical reason". Know anyone who successfully implemented a Beer-type program? Trad. Chinese Medicine (which I love) have helped me get preggo in the past. Progesterone has helped one of my pregnancies go further than the...
Yes, I've had testing done. They took like 12 vials of blood! All checked out. Also did u/s to check ovarian reserves, all was fine. Then we did regular prenatal tests, blood panel & quad. screen, various u/s.... During last pregnancy I was on baby aspirin to help with any potential clotting issues. Also progesterone supplementation since prog. was low during 1st m/c pregnancy. I'm really at a loss. I'm willing to try all kinds of things, past life regression or...
Have any of you adopted in Oregon? We're trying to zero in on an agency for domestinc newborn adoption and I'd love to hear your experiences, good or bad. On top of our list right now are "Journeys of the Heart" and "Catholic Charities". We also looked at PLAN, Bethany, and "Open Adoption and Family Resources". Are there any agencies you'd recommend or steer clear? What do you think is the most important aspect about selecting an agency? The fees are similar but...
So after 1 stillbirth (at almost 41 wks), 2 m/c (9 wks, 11 wks), and another m/c-stillbirth (birth at 16 wks gestation) 4 days ago.... what the hell is wrong with me? Could this be something about my body not being able to carry babies full-term? I don't want to hear "it could just be bad luck" anymore. Yes, it could. Yes, it is. When will the bad luck stop? Will it ever stop? We're ready to give up on pregnancy, so I don't know if there'd be any point in seeing...
Thanks, Rockies! I'd like to find out more about finding a surrogate. Can you private-message me the info? We live in Oregon, don't know about the laws but of course I'd find out. Neither of our sisters would be a surrogate for us. I know it can be tricky with a stranger, too. But considering the alternative is adoption, where everything is up in the air (drug exposure, health, birthmom may change mind) compared to hiring someone who would presumably get regular...