or Connect

Posts by Laura_lei

I can't believe I have struggled for all these years. Also makes my current depression understandable! When Lucas would arch his back and make it practically impossible to change his nappy and my controlling husband used to class me as a useless mother. When Lucas used to violently bang his head when he was 2yrs old and my health visitor told me that he would grow out of it, especially when he hurt himself. When I took him to the peadiatrician with his sore joints and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeypants I think you should explore sensory integration disorder. Several things in your post made me think sensory stuff is going on with your son. The seems in his socks bother him, he's a picky eater, he won't brush his teeth, noises and chaos upset him. All these things are sensory in nature. My DD has some sensory issues and she can control herself under some circumstances (like your son at the meetings) but then she...
As for the suggestion.... when we were in the meeting ds's teacher said something similar ("I think this could be solved if you just wake up earlier"). I didn't even have to handle that one, as one of the autism experts did. It doesn't matter how early we get up. If he's going to have a bad day and refuse to do something, it will not matter how much time he has to do it. It just means he'll have more hours to fight it AND he'll be tired to boot. There have been days when...
My son Lucas is 12 yrs old, and also highly intelligent, but extremely willful. He is a complete perfectionist, i have lost count of the screwed up pieces of art that have been thrown across the room because he can't get it quite right. Our problem has been that our family issues have overshadowed everything else and I seem to be the only person that sees there is a problem and I can't get him assessed. At school he is very reserved, well behaved and the only other person...
When my son (who has not been diagnosed, but has real behavioural issues) was at primary school we had tardiness issues. I don't drive and the option of popping him in the car in his pyjamas was not an option so I used to literally drag him to school (that was after the battle of getting him dressed and breakfasted). I used to think that at least we were there, and also informed the school of the problems that we had. Imagine my surprise when I was called to the...
Hi there Jamie, I like you am new to this site and have just posted. My son Lucas is 12 yrs old, and also highly intelligent, but extremely willful. He is a complete perfectionist, i have lost count of the screwed up pieces of art that have been thrown across the room because he can't get it quite right. Our problem has been that our family issues have overshadowed everything else and I seem to be the only person that sees there is a problem and I can't get him...
My sons' names are Lucas and Mitchell. Their middle names are Nash and Avani (which means Earth in Punjabi) Whilst pregnant, knew i was having boys and the other names in the running were : Dominic, Louis and Cameron The girls names were few, but just in case: Alana, Amaryllis and my best friend's name Pollyanna.
Hi there, I am new to this site, but after reading a few of the posts on this forum maybe someone will be able to help. Apologies if I have posted on the wrong forum, as my son has not been diagnosed, but after reading others posts (especially of children with AS) i have recognised my son in them. How and when were your children diagnosed? Also apologies for the length of post, but feel people need a little background to our situation. I am a single mother of two...