or Connect

Posts by Mamafreya

This is a really interesting thread. I really haven't thought too much about the baby boomers. My parents are Generation Jones I think or maybe they are at the very end of the boomer generation... Something that I find really interesting is how they view their parents and their parents' lifestyles. I always grew up hearing how uptight and narrow-minded my grandparents were. How they lived by a strict outdated set of morals and that they were all like sheep in how they...
Quote: Originally Posted by choli No, a lot of them called for retribution. A very different thing. We also called for OP to open her eyes up to what's going on. That won't harm anyone, and may help a lot. Let's face it, anyone who thinks a 10 year old has NEVER lied to them is in denial - I know, I have an 11 yr old and a 15 yrd old. Yep, I agree with this. There is a big difference between punishment and retribution. I personally think...
I don't think it was a hoax either but...... I will admit that the hoax proving stuff does sound interesting but I don't think that it holds a lot of water. I'm all for the aliens on the dark side of the moon thing though. I was so relieved when the Mythbusters busted the hoax myths.
If there is a tribe I'd like to join too. I also have a crazy MIL and lately dh is saying that he wants to try to have a relationship with his mom again. Our life has been so much better since we've cut her out but now he is saying that he wants to go visit his home town and if we do that then we'll have to have dinner and family time with his parents. There are no words to describe the level of negative feelings I have toward that woman. I really tried in the beginning...
Yeah, honestly after reading the OP's updated posts it's pretty obvious to me that dd2 smashed the guitar on purpose and doesn't seem to feel bad about it at all. There is no way that my kid would be going to camp if she was showing that kind of attitude about something like that. At 10 years old she is old enough to be honest about why she smashed the guitar and also about her feelings of jealously or whatever. If she did something like this to a friend's guitar...
Thank you guys for your responses. I was afraid that everyone was going to say that dh needs to talk to the chiro. You guys all bring up really good, logical points too... I think my biggest worry is that my dh will say something the wrong way and end up causing problems between the chiropractor and his wife. They have not had the most smooth relationship in past. The sad thing is that I do think that deep down this lady is a decent person she just has a huge chip on her...
Okay, I'll try to make this easy to understand...... My dh is a massage therapist and he rents office space at a great little clinic. This clinic is run and owned by a chiropractor who also practices there along with an acupuncturist. My dh and the acupuncturist pay rent and part of their rent goes towards the services of the office secretary. She schedules their appointments and does their medical billing. They pay a pretty big chunk of money to have her do what she does....
Being the oldest of five kids, I think your oldest needs to have her guitar replaced. I never had something like a guitar get ruined growing up but my stuff constantly got broken or lost and most of the time my parents couldn't replace the things that were damaged. It really really sucks to have something that you love and worked hard to get ruined. I really think replacing the guitar is the only solution in this case. I also think that your youngest dd had to have...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamallama Upon hearing that we were planning a homebirth, my dad asked if the midwife would bring an operating table in case I needed a c-section. He was serious. (He was also supportive.) : That struck my funny bone so hard. LOL. He sounds sweet actually and like he was trying to understand all aspects of a home birth. I promise I'm not laughing at him but..... Just the idea of a midwife with an operating table...
Quote: Originally Posted by muse Jillian is rocking my world... ETA, I should say I have NEVER been particularly fit in my 37 yrs, and never enjoyed any kind of exercise besides walking and yoga until now; even with those I have zero discipline. It still shocks me each day I actually get up and *want* to put this dvd on. Me too! I am loving her. For some reason I really like her workouts. I've never found something that I really liked that...