or Connect

Posts by Tanya Dehmer

Looking for solid information on Breastfeeding in Mandarin. Also any Mom forums or support groups in Mandarin. I have a new mom who is getting conflicting info. She is distrustful of western culture, but at the same time wants to breastfeed. She said that Chinese info states that breast milk is no better than water after 6 months.   Her main support, Sharon, is a dear friend of mine who is an experienced mom and holistic nutrition councilor. The mom has relied on...
Looking for solid information on Breastfeeding in Mandarin. Also any Mom forums or support groups in Mandarin. I have a new mom who is getting conflicting info. She is distrustful of western culture, but at the same time wants to breastfeed. She said that Chinese info states that breast milk is no better than water after 6 months.   Her main support, Sharon, is a dear friend of mine who is an experienced mom and holistic nutrition councilor. The mom has relied on her...
Has anyone taken Elizabeth Davis' Midwifery Intensive distance course?   What was the format? Did you have to buy books etc? How beneficial and applicable was the course?
I have 3 boys ages 3-8. My oldest was fully vaccinated when he was 5 in order to attend public school in NY. (from the vax he got hives & a fever and shortly after, pneumonia) He also went to school here in AZ for a short time but we did not maintain immunizations. My other son attended preschool and all though my kids are now homeschooled, all of their friends are public school kids.    Im studying to be a midwife and am hoping to work with the inner city...
Yes! Sorry about that...   https://www.facebook.com/groups/253513398050741/   Most of us are in the desert southwest, but ALL are welcome.
I've just started a new Facebook page, 'Adventures in Student Midwifery'. Come and join! It's a great place to discuss info, ideas and feelings for aspiring and current midwives and any professionals who have advice, guidance or would like to post workshops, clinics, etc....see ya there!
Which colleges are you preceptors for? Do you have a preference to any particular school?   Beautiful website!  
I should have added...to any midwife preceptors, which student midwife program do you most like working with apprentices from and why? Or, do you prefer the PEP path for your apprentices? 
Quote from NMI website "Heart & Hands and Study Group Course Work fees, administrative fees and preceptor fees total $12,000. The cost of housing, books, materials and equipment are not included. Application to NMI is $30."   $12,000 for H&H course work (that's only around $1,200), admin fees and a preceptor? The tuition doesn't include any books? And what materials and equipment do I need to purchase? What else do you get? $12k is a lot for a study guide and...
My family and I moved here 4 months ago and still haven't met a soul. We came from Ithaca, NY where everyone is nice, kids are LOVED and food is fresh.... My boys are 6.5, 4 and 20 months. We homeschool/unschool(we do have rules and regulate what our kids see and hear). We live in a micro-sized house in town right now, but are turning our backyard into a farm, complete with veggies, fruits and chickens. (anyone want to by 5 peeps next week? we can only have 5 in town...