or Connect

Posts by Rainy229

Thanks, I do see several days getting darker then lighter, but I never seem to be darker than the control line - w/charts showing ovulation based on consistent temping.    … and then there was today - three lines… silly internet cheapie, go home, you're drunk! hahaha!   Thanks again!
Anyone have any experience or ideas about best time to use an ovulation test strip when the tester isn't normally awake at the suggested time (10am - 2pm)?  I've read that sleeping during non-traditional times d/t circadian rhythm disorders or shift work can change when hormones peak, but I don't know how that might work, and haven't had any luck finding the answer.   TIA!
Long story short - my cycle is not really a cycle right now, and I'm super-stumped! What used to be "normal" for me: 7-10 days of pretty heavy bleeding, O between cd 14 and 18 (visualized with 1.1 to 1.3 degree sustained spike), with 3 days of EWCM prior to O... (keep in mind, by "normal" I mean, when I ovulated, this is what it looked like... I have PCOS and don't ovulate regularly (I'm on metformin, naturethroid, and herbs)... my luteal phase was usually 12-13 days....
Bump... I'm working on pre-reqs for the same program, but I would love to hear more from those in the program/recently graduated/etc.  :)   Rainy
Just came across this at work... It's a very quick poll from the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics that asks the following questions (multiple choice answers in parenthesis).  Not a lot of folks have taken the poll as of yet, but I'm bothered by the second question - currently, less than half of folks that answer think that Religious, philosophical, or the basic right to refuse medical treatment (multiple-answer available, less than half per option) is/are...
I also have PCOS, and issues with my scalp (seborrheic dermatitis).  I am pretty sure at this point all my issues are related to one thing, but that's a whole different ball of wax.  I have noticed... the less grains I eat, especially the less gluten-containing grains I eat, the better my scalp is.  I also only wash my hair with castile soap no more than three times a week.  I've used the "dandruff" shampoos - some do nothing, some make it worse, and some make me gag....
  I don't have kids (yet), but I totally get where you're coming from!  I'm a vegetarian (not for much longer... double gulp... but that can of worms is no where near related to your problem!), am really concerned about GMOs and evils like Monsanto, and I also have allergies.  I will go somewhere, and people (hubby too, grrr) will tell me - "Just eat it this once, one little _____________ isn't going to kill you."  My response is generally something like, "Yeah, one...
I had a horrid time on metformin when I was on 500mg three times a day.  I too couldn't stomach hardly enough food to take the pills, I was miserable the whole month.  I begged my doc for 750 XRs at my next apt, she really didn't want to, with all my GI symptoms from the 500s, but I begged, so she did, and ALL my symptoms went away within 36 hours of stopping the 500s.       Best of luck!   Rainy
PRAISE GOD!!! Cd 71 was the end of that crazy cycle!!! Hello CD1, AF, long time, no see. Next time you're gone that long (or next time you come back...), please make sure there's a little one in our family first :-P --Rainy
Humph!   CD 67, no good CM patches, no pre-o CP changes, no AF, and another BFN.  UGH!  Just saw the acupuncturist today, and she said that my pulses didn't feel like they should if I were this late for AF, and that I should test.  I got all excited, got some more $store tests, and one lousy pink line.  BAH!  I've taken emmenagogues until I want to puke (parsley tea, ginger, EPO, etc.) for the last week - to which, I'm usually really sensitive - no AF!     This...