or Connect

Posts by Rainy229

Sorry I don't have more info for you!  :(  I do know that the current rec. for folic acid is 400 mcg... I know, not much help.   Good luck!   --Rainy
Thanks for the replies, ladies!   Bugglette, my cycles used to be like that too , but now, they're quite predictable - like I mentioned in the other post I linked to, everything seemed normal until CD29 - normal temps pre-O and entire LP phase (LP temps usually jump around a bit more than pre-O temps for me) -normal (and predictable!) CM/CP pattern for O.  In the past (about 10 months ago), I had a cycle where I geared up to O several times, and finally O'd the 4th...
Please move if this isn't the right place for this question! :)   So, I'm on CD 62 (ish, I'd have to look).  The last several months I've been pretty darn regular (yay!) at 27-31 days.  I had a fantastic-looking ovulatory chart, until my temp dropped (about 12DPO) and AF never came to visit.  I've taken 4 or 5 hpts, all BFN.  SO.......   I've been having acupuncture and focusing on getting my cycle back on track, which I usually respond to quickly (as in, the...
I took a fermentation class at my local co-op, and a person there offered her grains if anyone wanted some... I'm not sure where you're at, so that really doesn't help much... :/  Perhaps a posting at the local health food store?   Good luck!   Rainy
I have a life-threatening allergy to latex, and develop a lovely case of hives when exposed to certain chemicals - such as spermicide (to be more specific oct-oxyl-9 and non-oxyl-9 - a mild lice treatment and spermicide, respectively).  I started using FAM before we were married (TMI perhaps, but um, I'm really surprised that we are the only couple we know of IRL who had sex for the first time (as in first time ever) after marriage ... :::blush:::), but had typical PCOS...
Friday again, time for acupuncture (again!), and still no AF or BFP... I'm going to assume that I really didn't ovulate, and just assume that this is a wicked anovulatory cycle :(  The only odd thing, if I'm thinking that way, is the crazy amount of... um... I don't know what to call it... it's not CM - 'cause when I check, it's only tacky, but I constantly have the feeling that AF has started, only to find out that the fluid feeling is clear.     Rainy
Sunshine,   Yes, she-chest hair is fairly common - esp. between the girls.  What has worked for me is acupuncture, Chinese herbs (mixed by my acupuncturist), and metformin.  I think stress was a big thing for me too - too much stress = no ovulation.  While you're doc-shopping, I'd look into charting - a $10 bbt thermometer and signing up for fertility friend (or keeping track on paper) go a long way.  Another thought is the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility...
Sunshine,   I agree with the PPs - get a new doc - regardless of your doc's opinion of your PCOS status, ordering a 3 hour GTT w/insulin levels is not risky - I mean, you fast and drink the nasty orange stuff and get your blood drawn a few times... "worst" case scenario - you have perfectly normal blood sugar and insulin levels - other possible results: insulin resistance (a key feature in PCOS - treatable) or other blood sugar or insulin issues (which could then be...
    So frustrating, huh!  We're coming up on 3 years as well... although I've just used acupuncture/herbs and metformin for PCOS, so I haven't had all the doctor trips, etc.  I also have had the opportunity to see progress - from no sort of "cycle" to my menstrual cycle to a fairly predictable cycle that appears to include ovulation!  That said, no amount of progress seems to make up for a BFN at  the end of the day, or another visit from Auntie F....
Hi!   I used to have that problem BIG TIME!  For me it wasn't just if I was a bit slackjaw'd or not, but if I had been drooling (LOL) my temp would be down just because there was that teensy opening (or so I guess...).  The big saver for me was when I realized that taking temps vaginally makes my temps much more stable/reliable.     As for which temp to use, I'd keep track of all three of them and see what happens tomorrow.  Most likely, the second or third temp...