or Connect

Posts by Rainy229

Any thoughts?  13dpo, temp drop back to "normal" pre-O temps, but no sign of AF?  HPT BFN @ 13 dpo and 18 dpo.     Thanks   Rainy
I wish I could give you a straight-forward answer, but I only have a thought... are you taking metformin for PCOS?  If so, I remember hearing that one side-effect can be muscle pain (shame on me for posting this late at night and not having perfectly clear thoughts!).       Best of luck!   --Rainy
OP - You said dairy is a staple of her diet?  Is she getting more than 3 cups of milk a day (24 oz)?  A lot of children that get more than 24 oz of milk daily often don't eat a lot - when they do, they're picky... because they're really not that hungry for anything else - kids that drink that much just have bellies full of milk.  A schedule of meals and snacks (set it around when she wants to eat to make it easiest) with only water between (aka milk/juice with...
Everyone has great suggestions... I had a similar experience to yours though - nausea with all the pills!  I was taking PNV and 500mg metformin - everyone thought I was preggo 'cause I was so nauseous all the time!  Well, as soon as I switched to two 750 mg metformin XR tabs - nausea went buh-bye!  HTH!   --Rainy
You can have a 3-hour GTT (glucose-tolerance-test) drawn - specifying insulin levels  - to determine if you're IR.  I'm overweight, but that's d/t a drastic change in activity level without a change in diet (I had a major injury that impacts what activities I can safely participate in), and was showing minor IR with "great" blood sugars.     After the 3-hour GTT w/insulin, you can see if you're IR or not - if not, there may be no benefit to met... but if you ARE IR,...
Marie - Welcome!!!  I hope your stay here is brief!   In my 'I-really-should-go-to-bed' brain....   Reaction: If your progesterone test drawn on CD 21 was negative (in my translation, negative means a number below .2), that sounds like you hadn't ovulated yet - during the luteal phase, your progesterone should be higher (which is what causes higher BBT).  hmmm... (again, late-for-me brain here...)   Questions: Are you charting (or even taking) your basal...
Tantylynn- The research I've done, I chose to start with metformin - a lot of women start ovulating once their insulin (and possibly blood sugar) levels normalize.  There is some evidence that metformin also protects against 1st trimester miscarriages in women with PCOS as well, but nothing conclusive.   I can speak only for my experience - once I started metformin and decreased my work stress, I started ovulating.   Best of luck!   Rainy
Not sure of where you can find those, but if you have sewing skills, or can barter for sewing skills, you can roll the waist band over into the fabric OR cover it with a strip of fabric.  Other options exist - draw-string and fitted.... and there's always commando (my no-fail when I'm having flares - I'm allergic to latex, but can deal with covered elastic, but if I've reacted lately, the reactions are worse - to latex, bananas, and avocadoes...  Um, sorry 'bout the...
Thanks for the replies!  I really just want to take it on CD 2 - some cycles, day 2 is just soooo heavy... :/     Gumblossom - Acupuncture is amazing!  I have PCOS, and didn't really cycle on my own, and, when we decided to TTC, I KNEW there had to be a way to get my cycle back without all those artificial hormones.  My husband has had success for his reflux and migraines too.  :)     --Rainy
  Anyone have any thoughts on taking ibuprofen (to reduce bleeding during AF) while TTC?  I'm SO not into western medicine, but if the benefits REALLY outweigh the risks, I'll consider it (I am on metformin for PCOS...).  That said, I know that western MDs tell ladies with really heavy AF to take motrin during AF to reduce bleeding (e.g. from fibroids).     So... get on your soap boxes, ladies - why should/shouldn't I take motrin during AF to reduce bleeding...