or Connect

Posts by Rainy229

Sweet Tea - I think I'll go with Femara... although, I recently switched jobs... and insurance... and not sure if new insurance will even pay for the visit where I happen to ask for an Rx for either :-/ I'm trying to be patient while planning and hoping... :-) Fingers crossed for a late BFP for you!!! --Rainy
I have the same question... although I generally know when I'm on my period vs. spotting vs. odd bleeding. MY interpretation of spotting is more color related and clot related - generally, for me, spotting is much more brown than flow, and flow generally has clots in it, where spotting doesn't. I can also associate spotting with a cause - ovulation or sex generally causes a bit of spotting, any blood after cd 35 without O is anovulatory spotting, anything after CD35,...
FWIW, my RE (nurse practitioner) told me that with my *borderline* hypothyroid (just under 4), it was "extremely doubtful" that I would be able to conceive, and that she wanted my TSH under 2 - where "most babies are conceived." I don't know where she gets her info to say extremely doubtful and that one about most babies... but it makes sense. My DTCM also told me (who lowered my TSH from over 6 to under 4 without meds!!) that there's a threshold BBT for ovulation to...
Great question! I use a paper chart, 'cause I'm not devoted enough to take the time for as many details on an online chart. I take my temp in the AM, and check CP/CM at least twice during the day, and just before bed, record everything on my chart on my nightstand. There's just something about having a tangible record I can touch and feel. It's also something that DH can look at and tell where things are at (he doesn't like to talk about bodily functions......
Thanks for the opinions, ladies!
I would definitely take your charts with you. If you are suspecting anything specific (e.g. a reason for infertility like PCOS, anovulatory cycles, etc.), questions regarding that AND your reasons for suspecting it, as well as treatment options for the suspected issue (know what the options are). I'd also see 'bout getting an SA for dad... If you don't have anything in mind for why your best efforts aren't working, my first thoughts are CD3 labs (hormones), TSH, Free...
If you were to give one suggestion to a someone considering using meds, which choice, and why (Ok, so this is me, looking for opinions, suggestions, and thoughts... not just a generic poll, but... FWIW, DH and I have been TTC for >2 years-ish - counts our "whatever" phase, where I was charting and noticing that "whatevering" was clearly not going to work, since I wasn't ovulating......)? Clomid Femara I would suggest against allopathic meds Other (explain)
I know the clinic that I go to would probably have you do an appointment and might "allow" you to go several weeks with just herbs - I often call in for a "refill" and as long as things are going well and the herbs aren't changing how they taste (when they do this, it's time to change) I get more herbs without having to go in for another appointment. If you tell the DTCM your situation, I'm sure s/he'd rather have a partial patient that may up their treatment later...
Thanks, ladies! I'm really hoping that stress just delayed ovulation... I'm tired of a pointless 2ww, iykwim! --Rainy
HulaJenn - Thanks! by average, I mean that my bbt is generally within 0.1 of 97.65 in the morning, so it's not a therm thing :-( --Rainy