or Connect

Posts by CBall

So my nine month old has had a very mild cold for the last 3 days. Last night after sleeping for a few hours she suddenly cried out, by the time we made it down the hall to check on her, she had rolled over and went back to sleep. We didn't think anything of it and went to bed ourselves. This morning she woke up early and nursed as usual on the left side but when I went to switch her she was inconsolable. I asked dh to turn on the light and I saw that her entire left ear...
I started the mini pill when my dd was 6 months. My midwife told me that the mini pill reducing milk supply was a myth. I had always had a lot of milk so I didn't really worry about it. Well it ended up reducing my supply drastically, to the point where she lost 6 ounces in a month. It took 3 visits to a lactation consultant and a ton of herbs to get any supply back at all. She is 10 months now and we are still breastfeeding. But despite taking tons of herbs and doing...
Hi Everyone! I'm not sure if this is even the right place to post this, but here goes. I'm looking for a child-safe pool fence for an above ground pool that has a deck built up to it. So far I've only been able to find fencing for stand-alone above ground pools, or fences for in ground pools. Has anybody had similar problems finding a fence that works? Does anybody know of any brands that work well. I'm kind of under the gun here, my daughter is 10 months old and I want...
Hi everyone! I have a 10 month old baby girl with narrow feet. She prefers to spend the majority of her time standing, cruising and walking holding our hands. I've found that the robeez moccasins fit her, but that she destroys them/can't get a good grip on the ground. The typical walking shoes are way too wide for her skinny feet, which are average size as far as length goes. Has anybody else run into this problem? What brands, if any, are for babies with narrow...
Hi everyone! There's a another study that's all over the internet about how vaccines are totally safe etc. etc. I don't really buy that. And in all of the pro-vaccine research I've read I've never had one question answered. I've read about how the amish don't have autism. And I'd just like to start an informal poll. Does anybody here have an unvaccinated child that regressed into autism? How about a selectively vaccinated child who regressed?
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a convertable carseat rec. Dd is 7.5 months and we have the Britax Marathon which we love. But it was super expensive and I'm looking for something economical, and maybe even easy to install for when my mom watches the baby. If it helps it would mostly be when my mom and I are going somewhere together, since I'm getting sick of driving everywhere and maybe once a month for date night. I still want it to be safe, but since dd won't be riding...
This happens to me often. I think it's because dd has such a vibrant personality for a 7 month old. She's outgoing, friendly, and on the move. When people ask me this I know they wonder if I'm getting enough sleep/downtime with such an obviously active baby. At first I was surprised by the question. But now I just smile real big and say of course. Because in my opinion even if she never slept at all she'd be perfect. And I don't agree with the whole good girl/bad girl...
None. We did all the research and settled on the diaper champ when I was pregnant. We used it for about a month and a half. After that we just went through too many diapers a day. We would have had to take it out everyday, which both of us are way too lazy to do. A $14 dollar "kitchen" trashcan with a flip lid works great. You can't smell the diapers and we take it out about once a week. Btw our baby is now 7 months and breastfed/eating solids. hope this helps.
I'm putting this out there because when I was searching for information about the mini pill I was told it was fine for nursing mothers. Hope this helps someone else. Since my dd was born I have always had oversupply issues. Therefore I never thought that this could happen to me. I could pump, but really never did. It was too much trouble and we nursed on demand. My dd never took a bottle, I loved just having her with me. Genetically she is tiny but tall. She was always...
You just described my dd at that age! It felt like we did nothing but nurse. In the evenings there was a 3 or 4 hour period where we would nurse both sides, I'd have a 5 to 10 miniute break to use the bathroom and then it would start all over again, and repeat, repeat, repeat. She never really "took" a pacifier. I thought my nipples would fall off. But I never worried that she wasn't getting enough to eat since like you I could see it rolling out of her mouth. And she...