or Connect

Posts by jstpmm

Quote: Originally Posted by cycle Generally social workers can see through false allegations, this is what they are trained to do and most have seen it time and time again. I'm curious though, how do you know that the girls mom has been coaching them on what to say about you, your pets and your home? I guess we can't say with 100% certainty. But just by what she said to DH/how she said it. Like example, DSDs were outside playing and got bit...
DH talked to DSDs and after their Mother told him that she is taking DSDs to see a social worker on claims of abuse by me. Mom has already been coaching DSDs on what to say about me, our home, pets ect. Will a social worker see through that? Does anyone know what they ask of a child. (DSDs are 4 and 2) They are happy, healthy kids. I can't think a social worker will think there is any abuse, physical or mental. I feel awful cause it's all personal against me, nothing...
Quote: Originally Posted by thyra I'm sorry, I tend to think of married couples as a collective 'you' and did not mean to imply that the OP is the one that needs to be filing. I also noted earlier in the thread that the OP has no right to deny the mother anything since she is a legal stranger. OP - I'm glad you'll be filing to get emergency temp custody. Did she remove the children AFTER your dh filed originally? If she did I would expect her to at...
Quote: Originally Posted by cycle Is there a court date? Does your DH's attorney know that she took the kids? Sorry if you already mentioned it. If not, tomorrow first thing I would call the attorney and get an emergency hearing to get temporary custody back to their father until the court date. I am sure any judge would grant that given he has had custody. It is clearly not in the best interest of the children to be taken from their home so...
Quote: Originally Posted by cycle I agree with you, once it gets to court. In the meantime there is nothing they can do legally. There is no custody order, depending on the state by default it could be the mother or it could be either parent (assuming the father is on the BC). One of the parents should have been responsible, in this case the father since he has physical custody, and filed for custody with the court and avoided all of this. My post was...
Quote: Originally Posted by mtiger Actually, OP would have absolutely no right to do so. Regardless of the situation, she is a legal stranger and cannot deny Mom her children. As for the question of custody and what Dad can do? Since they were not married - was he ever actually, *legally* determined to be the father? If not, he cannot stop her from removing the children, either. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by zebra15 Yes she can file as she wishes. Anything can happen to your filing. You can cancel it, postpone it, etc. Of course when you go to court make them aware if she has filed anything, but there is nothing to prevent the mom from filing. And in all fairness, how would she know that you filed in your state until she is served papers? She's been served already. Since she has been served does that prevent her from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeannine That's not true. In the absence of court-ordered custody, possession is 9/10 of the law, as they say. If she filed for custody while the children were with her - and if she planned to testify that living with her was their status quo and your DH had no way to prove otherwise - then the court would certainly see her as the de facto custodial parent, esp. since she's the female one. But presumably your DH has plenty...
DH and 2DSDs (4 years and 2 years) mother were never married. But for the children's entire lives they have lived with DH and mother would do visitation. Mother doesn't even live in the same state, does not help support them. They did the scheduling on their own though it has never went well. DH decided to go for custody and to have the courts set a visitation schedule for the mother to stop all the conflicts it created. And the 2DSDs need a schedule, not a come whenever I...
My 2 DSDs are very young still so talking on the phone didn't work to well, it didn't hold their attention. Since skyping they will talk for almost 20 mins sometimes instead of 1 or 2 mins on the phone.