or Connect

Posts by korey

wehrli and library - big congrats on the births of your gorgeous babes!!! so fun to check out the forum and be greeted with the pics of 3 beautiful new babies!
Angela - DP and I both changed our last names to a new family name. I have also published and built a professional reputation with my maiden name, and here's what I did:   My maiden name is "Jane Doe." Our new family name is "Smith." My new legal name is Jane Doe Smith. Personally, I pretty much go by Jane Smith, Jane Doe Smith, or Jane D. Smith. Professionally, I've kept it Jane Doe, because that's how people know me. The only exception is when signing legal...
Just popping back for a moment to add that our situation is like your's, escher, in that I birthed the first baby and DP will be birthing the next one. And I should also add that we were very pleasantly surprised by how our families reacted to our new family name. In fact, both our parents gave us money for Xmas and made the checks out to our new names before we even had a chance to change our names at the bank!
Thanks for your responses, everyone. My supply has pretty much evened out, so I'm only pumping out that foremilk occasionally, and she does seem to tolerate some extra foremilk mixed in.
  That's a GREAT suggestion, myk! Thank you!
We took elements of both our last names and combined them into a brand new name. We legally changed our last names to the new one before the baby was born, and our new family name is on her birth certificate. For us, it was important that everyone in the family share the same last name, and there was also an element of bucking the patriarchal history of our maiden names. (That makes me sound ultra political but, more than anything, it was about all of us having a family...
gumshoe - Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and amazing home birth!!!
Thanks for your input, ladies!   I'm pumping for bottle feedings when I'm away from the baby. My milk supply is fine, and I only get engorged when DD sleeps 6 or 7 hours at night. At that point, if I don't pump, she gets way too much milk too quickly and ends up vomiting after the feeding. We've found the way that works, I just worry that adding that foremilk to the pumped milk mix lowers the fat content of her bottle feedings too much. But maybe I'm just being...
(X-posted under "Breastfeeding")   Hi Everyone!   DD is 7 weeks tomorrow and we're thrilled that, for a while now, she's been sleeping 5-7 hours at a time overnight! However, as my milk supply increases, I'm getting really engorged by the time of our overnight feeding. I'm having to pump for a few minutes before nursing her, otherwise she gets too much and ends up vomiting. I get anywhere from 1-3 ounces in just 3 minutes(!), and it's all foremilk.   So...
Hi Marissamom, I definitely do this when I get the opportunity, but DD rarely nurses less than 40 minutes (20 on each side) so I don't get very much at all when I pump after a feeding...