or Connect

Posts by jodieanneanton

If it wasn't for this, I would be leaning toward Option #1.  Mostly because of the distance of #2 and the fact that #1 would be at the birth anyway and likely do your postpartum visit.  I remember being very sensitive after the birth of dd2 and the fact that my midwife wasn't able to do the postpartum visit (because of traveling out of country), I was devastated and actually had to call her to hear her voice and talk to her and "ask some questions." The visits at her...
Sleepiness is a big problem for me.  I NEED a nap but dd2 doesn't reliably take them everyday (she skipped todays) and is too young to trust while I *rest my eyes* on the couch.  I was literally sitting to rest for two minutes when I hear "uh oh!" in the bedroom and go in to find she spilled a WHOLE LARGE bottle of bubbles (Scented some nasty "princess" scent that made me want to gag) on the carpet in the kids' room.  BOOO!    I am not feeling too crabby (just a...
I am about 8 weeks and I notice it occasionally.  This is my 4th pregnancy (3rd child). It happens when I nurse or sometimes just randomly.  With dd2's pregnancy, I noticed them around 12 weeks and asked my midwife about them.  She said with each subsequent pregnancy they can be felt earlier and earlier...mostly because you know what they feel like and your body has done it before. I smile when i feel it because the uterus will be super strong by the time delivery rolls...
Quote:   ^^^I LOVE this!  I need to memorize it!  Judybean hits the nail on the head about the problem with society.  Viewing kids as a PITA instead of the blessings that they are, the people who they are, the souls that they are.  People limiting kids, putting off having kids to "do what they want to do with their lives" or "get on with things" is quite common.  (Nothing necessarily wrong with limiting family size or timing things, but the rudeness of pushing their...
Oh, Carmen, I am so so sorry.  I hope your mourning is gentle and eventual healing is complete. 
Hugs to you, Carmen.  Let us know how the ultrasound goes.  I'll be thinking about you on this end and praying everything goes well.    Love, Jodie
  Kat, Unfortunately only time will tell.  I had dk brown/pink spotting with both of my full term pregnancies.  I had the same with my miscarriage, though, too.    I am thinking about you today and hoping all is well.
I may have questions... but not yet.  I decided to do something totally unlike me and read the entire owners manual with my machine and then I will practicethreading the machine and then practice serging with some scraps.  Usually I dive right in but I have so many projects I feel like I need to really *know* my machine first.  :) Patience for Jodie = Not an easy thing. 
I had some freaky weird dreams last night.   The first was that my husband had an affair...with Tina Fey...  weird.  I found out from an old friend, Chris, who told me while I was in the church that I grew up in.  The escapades between my husband and Tina Fey happened in that very church 9 times.  My friend chris (Who in the dream owned a crayola crayon factory???) took me to the crayon factory and told me that it was ok and I would get through it.  I was asking a...
I picked up my serger yesterday!!!!   So you will be seeing a lot of posts of my homemade maternity clothes soon... (as well as a couple of dresses I have cut out for DD1 and DD2.)  I am sooo excited I want to do a happy dance.  <---- Me myself and I doing a happy dance!