or Connect

Posts by jodieanneanton

So everyday (at at least some point during the day) for the past week has been pretty horrendous. My dd1 (3 1/2 yo) has been getting really angry or disappointed and not knowing how to deal without screaming. (DH and I rarely raise our voices to our children). Her episodes are filled with screaming, yelling, crying, hitting (me only) and general out of control behavior.  (I know 3 1/2 is a HARD age and most of this is age appropriate.)  I usually deal with the...
I am finally ovulating after having dd2 11 months ago. :) (A big thank you to exclusive BFing!) So, we are officially trying to get pregnant again. I began charting a few months ago in anticipation of ovulation (which I felt would be starting up soon). I have had two cycles since my first post partum period. Unfortunately, my period shows up only 4 days after ovulation. (Before I was pregnant with dd2, my Luteal phase or 2ww was 10 days.) I was surprised by this since I...
    Along these lines, my SIL's pediatrician said that her 12 month old has developed long term memory and that she can no longer get her at night if she cries.  "That means," he said, "that even if she throws up, you are not to go in her room until morning.  Otherwise, she will learn to make herself throw up."  Um,     seriously ??? This  guy went to Medical school???  To treat  Children???    Honestly, if it wasn't for Mothering and MDC, I would feel like my husband...
What a beautiful story.  I, too, was touched by the image  of a purple flower.  Thank you for sharing.
This kind of stuff really bothers me!!  My husband's grandmother is always saying how she never wanted her son (my FIL) and wished for a girl.  I have to hear that story EVERY holiday/birthday gathering.    Thinking this kind of thing in the heat of the moment or even truly feeling this way is fine.  Saying it openly in front of your children (especially when they are children) is completely unacceptable!!!   And besides, Who is a stranger to tell me how many kids I...
Congratulations on your  little miracle.  It is amazing how our babies come in their own time....your midwife is a wise woman.
Our bunk beds say the top bunk "is for use by children 5 or 6 and above."  Depending on the individual, I would say 2/almost 2 would be a good age for the bottom bunk user with a guardrail.   Of course, you'd still have to be constantly reminding the little one that the ladder is not for his/her use.    Perhaps, your eldest can use the ladder only for going to bed??  Play on the top bunk of our bunk beds is not recommended.  
What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!  Enjoy your little sweeties and get as much rest as you can while daddy is home!!!!
I plan on homeschooling my children and find the Classical approach EXTREMELY appealing.  I am almost finished with The Well-Trained mind and finally have that 'This is it!' feeling.  My question involves homeschooling multiple children with the Classical Approach described in The Well-Trained Mind. According to the books recommendation, if one is homeschooling more than one child she should be doing one period of history at a time and each child will work at his/her...
I feel the urge to share since I can't really tell many (as they don't know we CLW).  I am pretty sure my dd1 has weaned herself.  She is 3yr4mo.  I have been struggling with the tandem nursing since the arrival of dd2 in March, but stuck with it since I really believe in CLW.  Boy, am I glad I did!  It's nice to know that I was able to be there for dd1 in such a special way until she decided the nursing relationship could end.  It's been two weeks since she nursed. ...