or Connect

Posts by JuliMummy

I would wait a few more months before making these sorts of decisions, like where to have the baby, because a lot depends on how the pregnancy progresses later on. I know this is possibly not the opinion of a lot of women on here, but I wouldn't have a first baby at home. There are just too many things that can go wrong with a first baby. First births are nearly always harder and take longer than subsequent ones. And first time mums have no idea of just how painful...
If it was me, I would probably stop taking it and start taking a complete pregnancy supplement instead.   If the point of taking it in the first place was to prolong your luteal phase to allow for implantation to occur, and implantation clearly has now occurred, then there's probably no point taking it any longer. 
Hello again. Thank you all so much for the helpful comments. I understand that being in water is not going to take the pain away completely, but it sounds from your comments like it does lessen the pain significantly. So I will probably plan for a waterbirth, with an epidural as the back-up plan if no tub is available on the day. (I actually wanted to try it last time, but the tub at the hospital I was at was out of order.)    And Just1More, thank you for the...
Thanks everyone. I'll keep thinking about it. I've still got quite a long time to make a decision.
Hi everyone,   My first baby was posterior and labour was slow and very painful, until I got an epidural, which was just wonderful. The second time round it was very quick (from 5cm dilated to baby being born in 25 minutes), and excrutiatingly painful. There was no time for pain relief. So with number 3, I am terrified that it's going to be this painful again.    I'm wondering whether a water birth or at least labour would make much of a difference. I know it's...
Anyone else? 
Thanks, Mosaic. Would you happen to know whether any proper studies have been done on placental consumption as a way of preventing baby blues and depression? I had a look and couldn't find anything.
Thank you, JMJ. My earliest ovulation was day 17, so that means temperature rise on day 18. Usually ovulation was on day 19, so we used protection from day 12 onwards. So yes, I agree, using the temperature only method you could call it a method failure. But in hindsight I probably should have paid more attention to CM.
Hello everyone,   I am (very surprisingly) expecting baby number 3. We had not planned to have any more children, so it was quite a shock at first, but now we've come round to the idea and (on the whole) are looking forward to having another child.   There are quite a few things I'm worried about. My second baby was pretty hard on me. The pregnancy was so much more exhausting than the first one, the birth was horrendously painful, the baby blues were awful, and...
Thank you, Clavicula :)   I honestly can't tell you if I was completely dry on the day or not. I'll just copy what I wrote on the end of the September thread in response to some questions about whether I had taken CM into account.   "   Thank you! :)   You're probably right about the CM. I realise that it would have been more reliable if I'd been able to observe that a bit better, but my problem was that I always started having CM from a couple of days...