or Connect

Posts by JuliMummy

That sounds so much like my daughter. She also doesn't stay still ever. When I put her to bed in the evening around 8/8:30 I feed her, and if she's tired enough she will fall asleep feeding. If she's not then she will start squirming and wriggling, and (which I find most annoying) squeezing, pushing and pinching my breasts). I would get soooo frustrated at this. I have also tried holding her down to get her to lie still for long enough to go to sleep, which she hates of...
Do you breastfeed him? It's the only way I can get my daughter to lie still for long enough to go to sleep ( but even then she squirms a lot). I'll be interested to see other people's responses...
  I have also posted this in Elimination Communication, but haven't had any responses yet, so I thought I'll try here too.   We haven't done EC as such, but I did put DD on the potty at every nappy change from when she could sit up. She is now 17 months and pretty much potty-trained at home - provided she's not wearing anything on the bottom. If she's not wearing a nappy she goes on the potty by herself whenever she needs to poo or pee. So she has very good control...
I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum to ask this question. Let me know if there is somewhere more appropriate for me to post this.   We haven't done EC as such, but I did put DD on the potty at every nappy change from when she could sit up. She is now 17 months and pretty much potty-trained at home - provided she's not wearing anything on the bottom. If she's not wearing a nappy she goes on the potty by herself whenever she needs to poo or pee. So she...
What is his sleeping like normally? Has he always been a bad sleeper? What makes your doctor think his sleep doesn't cycle like it should? What do you normally do when he wakes up at night?
Hi Bebe's Mom,   I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you. It sounds like you made a lot of progress! Do you feel more rested yet?   We're doing better as well. She hadn't been sick for a few weeks so I decided to give it another go a few weeks ago. She did really well, she didn't actually complain very much at all and within a few days went from waking 5 or 6 times a night to waking just once or maybe twice. I would feed her to sleep in the evening...
  I assume you meant to write "wouldn't worry"?    I agree with the other posters. I know it's hard not to compare, and I understand how you feel about not doing "creative projects" with your son all the time. (I'm the same - I don't do that either, but we read books, and do drawing and play outside, etc.) It sounds like you know you shouldn't worry and compare, but do anyway, and that's hard to change. Maybe you can focus on areas of development that he is doing well in?...
Alright, I see. That makes sense.   I had to think of you this morning when I cut my daughter's fingernails. She did really well for once, holding still the whole time  :)
We do the " This little piggy went to market..." nursery rhyme while we cut fingernails, which works great for my older son, but not so great yet for my daughter. So it might not work for your little one yet, but then again, it might...   I hope you don't mind me commenting on this, but fingernails don't grow any faster if you file them rather than cut them, just like hair doesn't thicken up when you cut it - those are old wives' tales. Maybe you didn't file them...
Or you could try sleeping on a large folded towel (or two), but I don't know whether that would be enough for you. And I agree with PP - it should get better as your milk supply regulates itself. Although, having said that, I only stopped needing breast pads during the day a couple of months ago and my daughter is 17 months! :)  But I stopped leaking during the night long before then. I guess the nice thing is that we don't have to worry about low milk supply :)