or Connect

Posts by JuliMummy

I've had to give up for the time being. There is no point while she's sick. She just cries and cries until she vomits. So we're back to feeding almost constantly all night and I'm completely exhausted again, but I'm hoping that she gets better quickly and we can try again.
Forgive me for stirring the pot    but 'Dr Sprott' hardly looks like an authority on SIDS. That website is completely unscientific. I looked up the research he suggests on his website, and there has been nothing published along those lines in the last ten years, which would suggest that gases from mattresses have not been found to be the "major cause of SIDS". I think you'd be better off getting your information about SIDS from somewhere a little more official,...
Yes, they are expensive, and there's really not that much to them. But for us it was definitely worth it!   The one you've found looks good. I hope it works for you.
No problem. All the best to you and good luck!
I'm interested to hear a bit more about these studies you mention. I've not heard anything about this before. Are they proper scientific studies? I'd like to have a look at them...
Something that worked really well for us was to get a 'kidsleep' clock. You set the time on it when you want them to stay in bed and it lights up a picture of a sleeping sheep. In the morning, at the set time, it changes to a walking awake sheep. We got this for our son when he was just over 2 I think, because he would get up too early in the morning and want to come into our bed for hugs when he was clearly still sleepy and really needed to sleep a bit more. He took to...
I would think that at 2.5 and 4.5 they are old enough for you to put your foot down and say enough is enough. You say they're happy to go to sleep by themselves when you're away, so it's obviously just habit and not something they really need. You say you're getting them toddler beds in january. Is there anywhere else for them to sleep at the moment? Can you get the toddler beds any earlier? It would seem to make sense to get the toddler beds (or use whatever other...
My son, even though he didn't feed during the night from about 11 months, still woke several times during the night for a long time after weaning. He would sleep in his cot in his own room for the first few hours of the night and then wake up screaming until we took him into our bed. We moved him into a toddler bed when he was about 18 months in his own room. This improved things quite a lot, but I still had to sit next to his bed for a while a few times a night. He...
Could it be night terrors? Does he seem properly awake when he does it? Does he respond to you?
So this is what I did. When she woke up and cried I told her that I was not feeding her because it was nighttime and time to sleep. Then I lay her down again, put her covers on again and rubbed her back for a while. The first few times she kept crying and standing up in the cot, but eventually she lay down and went back to sleep. And it only took between 10 and 20 minutes the first few times, which really surprised me. Having said that, 20 minutes feels like a really...