or Connect

Posts by pdiannet

Had my u/s at 14 weeks due to a concern of a lump in my mid abdomen.  But, all is fine.  I hadn't planned on having an u/s at all.  We also will not be finding out the gender.  We are esp. curious this time since we have 2 boys and 2 girls.  I'm secretly hoping for a girl since our girls are the youngest.  But, my storage is packed full of boy clothes never worn by my two oldest, and I think a sandwich of boys for our girls would be appropriate too.
Holy smokes.  This is totally me.  Esp. the potato chips and vinegar- and, honestly, the sitting on the edge of sanity too.  I feel like I should be used to this, but it really never gets to be something you can get used to.  I am very impatient with my kids and husband.  Plus, I ate about half a bag of salt and vinegar chips and really thought I was going to have a heart attack- wooh, overload in salt.  Loved the vinegar though.  What does that mean?  Never craved...
Good to hear from you, Christine.  I hope you are enjoying Anchorage.  We've had some great weather the last few days, yet swarming with mosquitoes.  You know how it goes, outside all summer, inside all winter.  We are enjoying no winter gear while we can.  Have a great summer.  
I'm not sure that I fit completely.  My dh and I are Christians- evangelical for the most part, homeschool, have four and pregnant, spaced really close together- mostly b/c neither of us are planners, and just want to listen to what God wants for us.  We feel a bit overwhelmed, but used to, having a house full of little ones and all that entails.  We aren't sure where we stand with fertility- other than it is truly a gift.  It is encouraging to see women/men who love...
You gals are so encouraging.  I can't imagine feeling bored these days, but I do understand the feeling of not accomplishing much.  Going through seasons of having 1, then 2, then 3, and now 4  and pregnant, I am so running around all over meeting various needs that I don't feel like much "education" is happening- esp. when I homeschool.  We have lots of extracurricular activities, but the core subjects go overlooked often b/c I am so tired running around helping another...
It's neat to see all the variety of responses.  Circumstances, personalities, or preferences have determined much.  I have four and am pregnant.  I love kids.  I would work taking care of kids if I didn't have my own.  I would adopt and foster and have a house of pets too.  This is who I am- a mother.  My dh thinks we are done now and considering a V, but he's still unsure.  We are not planners.  But, we do need a break.  So, we may prevent until a later date and make...
Public parks with lots of kids.  Kids in your neighborhood?  Play dates.  Summer sports like t ball or soccer can create relationships.  Just some ideas.  Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer.
You know, I never really felt like being a SAHM was justifiable until I had a multitude of kiddos- I always felt so guilty for being so happy.  My ILs would ask me constantly, "So what did you do today?", as if I had to have a list ready to justify my position.  It really got to me.  I love all off your responses, esp:   I know that people think if I were to work, we could afford a bigger place and a better quality of life, but there's so much more to life than...
  I'm not an expert on this.  My babies were all head down, but it seems to be a bit preemptive to me.  You still have weeks before you are due.  I have had at least three friends whose baby flipped within days of their due date.  But, almost all my friends had midwives who were really rooting for them- patience, extra natural measures like lying upside down, exercises, acupuncture, chiropractor, etc.  One friend actually was on her way to have her baby crossing on the...
Yes, it always goes away immediately when I switch to disposables.  I did do the stripping for my cloth diapers and will be following up on how they work now.  I think I will continue to use disposables at night- considering I think that is where the problem starts- usually a poop diaper worn all night- then it continues as it doesn't have a break all day.  So, I think we will do a combination of both disposables and cloth considering this perpetual problem.  Oh, also, I...