or Connect

Posts by cameragirl

I lost my plug at 36 weeks with my daughter, but never went into labor before I had a c-section at 39 weeks. If it is too early, the plug will grow back.
EPO is supposed to help the cervix soften, and by softening, encourage dilation. EPO has omega 6 oils that the body turns into prostaglandins, and the prostaglandins cause changes in the cervix. You can take it orally, vaginally, or both. I ended up getting some borage oil because the active ingredient is more potent in borage oil. I figured I'd give it a shot, and if it doesn't help, at least borage is supposed to be good for helping milk come in. I started taking it...
That looks great! I love the hand made look of the cinder blocks, too! So much more handsome than your typical cement cinder blocks.
Thank you. I'm brainstorming what to do for this year. We'll have a newborn, so I think we might fence off the side of the house for the chickens. We were moving around the coop once or twice a day, but that style coop is very heavy. We also have chickens in that old playhouse, as well. Since the side of the house is too dark for most veggies, that'll probably be a good spot. I'd like to keep compost over there, and let them pick through the compost for bugs and what...
Here are some pictures of the progression of the yard from February through July. We extended the rose bed by three feet to add room for veggies. I tried to companion plant as much as possible, and made use of trailing plants as ground cover. (It gets REALLY hot here most summers, and we don't get rain after March or so.) Egyptian onions went between roses, tomatoes filled in where we pulled failing rose bushes, winter squash and watermelons covered the ground near...
I'm trying for a VBAC this time, but I'm planning on picking up infant probiotics if I do need a c-section. We don't want to go through all of that again. She also got very fussy for a long time, and we were puzzled as to why she was so uncomfortable. I've learned a lot since then, and it makes sense in retrospect why we had those issues.
Yikes. This is the yearly Stars (or whatever they call it now) testing, right? I think that the "local" site here is in Lodi, which is totally out of the way. My BIL lives there, but it's an hour to two hours in traffic. I don't believe in and don't want to deal with mandated testing, but we can't afford the classes on our own right now. Guess we have some research and decision making to do.
My Ob asked if this baby feels bigger, but it is really hard to say. For one thing, it has been nearly six years. My daughter sat really high, and always had her feet in my ribs. This guy has been super low the entire time, and has had his head wedged in my pelvis for a long time. DD had an anterior placenta, but this little guy has a posterior placenta, making him much easier to feel. It's super easy to make out his bum, back, leg, and shoulder. He's even been in...
Honestly, I don't think EPO did much for me with DD, either. It's worth a shot, though. I haven't been able to have sex, because it just hurts so bad. I wish that were an option. The good news from the scan was that he is in a good position. I've been seeing a chiropractor since I got pregnant, and now I'm going twice a week. She specializes in maternity care, and she's been using the Webster method to keep my pelvis as aligned as possible. For what it is worth,...
I'm having a little boy. I've got a girl, as well. Luckily, the appointment went pretty well considering the ultrasound results. I'm 36w3d, and she'd like to induce at 39 weeks if I haven't gone into labor. Nothing is on the books, though. She said it is up to me, and that neither one of us expected a small baby. I'm going to try things to help things along next week, and hope that we won't need any kind of induction or an RCS.