or Connect

Posts by cameragirl

1. Do you believe in ghosts? I do. I have had my own experiences, mostly while I was younger. 2. Have you had issues with your pre-schooler being scared of ghosts to the point that they won't be alone in the bright living room in the middle of the day if you're in another room of the house? Not really afraid. She has seen things, and we've explained that ghosts were once people just like us. It makes it less scary to think of them as people that won't harm you. 3....
Congratulations! Six hours with an induction is awesome. I can only hope that things go that easily for me.
Kindy isn't that bad. At least, it isn't for us. We're able to get the work done pretty quickly. If one or both struggle some, it could be more difficult. Btw, we found out our district is failing in general, which is why they're requiring in person testing. A letter from the state came not too long ago. That's another reason for us to switch to CAVA next year. I'd switch for this term, but I'm in the home stretch of my pregnancy and don't want to deal with it right...
No, there won't be homework on top of the regular school work. That's one thing I really like about the program.
I ran out of the mix I made earlier in the pregnancy, and just got 2 lbs of RRL in the mail. I'm 31 weeks, so I figured it would be a good time to go with straight RRL and up the amount some. I've been drinking cold RRL infusion all day. I'm really hoping this helps with getting a VBAC!
I somehow got chicken poop on the back of my pants, and without realizing it was there, I sat on our nice (and expensive) quilt. We rinsed it out right away and my husband used stain remover. (I think Spray N Wash.) It left two round, yellow stains where the poop was that look like urine stains. It could very well be a urine-type stain since chickens get rid of everything at once when they poop. DH tried washing and treating again, but it hasn't helped. Any ideas on...
The girls need about 14 hours of daylight to lay at a normal rate. We let ours molt, and then put a light in their coop to get some egg production back. They lay about 3 eggs a day, with 5 girls laying. We'll have 8 laying once spring comes. The light should be white light. They can't see too well in red light, so they'll sleep through it.
It happened out of nowhere with our DD (5.5), as well. She was around the same age. As the pp suggested, I'd leave out as much as possible, and allow him to explore and create. My mom teaches that age group, and usually leaves two paint colors at the easel and rotates out each day. Resealable paint cups are great for this. Have you checked out Pinterest? There are a ton of projects on there for kids his age, and they'd be easy to do with basic craft supplies. For...
DD is 5.5 and still will start crying and fussing if she's in a deep sleep and has a full bladder. Sometimes she'll get up and try to find the bathroom, but gets confused and ends up in the living room. She isn't really awake, and just knows that she doesn't feel good. She'll say her tummy hurts. We figured out after a few times to put her on the toilet, and that solves the problem. She's still a little upset, but calms down once her bladder is emptied and we're...
I'm starting to think about what we'll be planting. We're on a suburban lot, with limited room for gardening. We have two raised beds, a narrow bed along the house, and also extended the rose bed to allow for planting in front of the roses. I've also got a lime and lemon tree in pots. (Those are currently nestled against the house and under the porch to keep warm.) We managed a LOT last year, and somehow squeezed in 16 tomato plants, plus things like peppers, corn,...