or Connect

Posts by cameragirl

So the port is in. I ended up with a titanium Vaxcel port with valve. There is a lower incidence of complications with this type because of the construction, materials, and passive valve. Because it is valved, they can flush with saline, heparin, or a combination of both. I'll ask my OB which she prefers for now. Below is my blog post...long, I know. I left out a lot, too. Pics below, so fair warning if you're super squeamish. (They aren't bad.) Today I had a...
They'll let you know by rooting. You'll see baby sucking on their hand, moving their head around to find your breast, trying to scooch up or down to get to the right level, etc. The more hungry they get, the more frantic the searching around is.
That's hilarious, because I've been there too. I was thinking "what the HECK? Did she just seize and pass out?"
I'm doing Kindergarten with my daughter through Elk Grove school district. We may switch to CAVA next year since I'm not satisfied with having to travel for in person testing each trimester. I don't think the work load is bad. DD is ahead some, and it really only takes us a couple hours to knock out the work. She likes most of the curriculum, aside from phonics. I don't think any of us like the phonics program, so we supplement some. I don't know about what phonics...
I was doing some research, and it looks like the majority of issues were related to the Power Ports by Bard. Starting around 2009, there are LOTS of complaints from nurses, doctors, and patients online of ports migrating under the skin, flipping the wrong way, having too much scar tissue, causing a high number of clots, vein hardening, and even catheters disconnecting and having to be fished out from various parts of the body. The incidence of complications with other...
I was uncomfortable about this as a young girl because my mom never talked to me about it. She went through menopause after chemo at 32, so she had my older sister talk to me AFTER I started my period. That was awkward. I was pretty shy, and she made me ask when I needed pads or liners. I ended up trying to use toilet paper, would take some from my step mom when I was at my dad's house, etc. I ended up leaking onto my clothes a lot, and it felt so shameful. ...
I love BackYardChickens.com, too. It is a great resource. I poured through that site like crazy before and after we got our chickens. Definitely check ordinances, because it would seriously stink to get to love your chickens and then have to rehome.
Well, we got most of it done. We need to finish the dino toys for my nephew and plant some wheat grass in the terrariums for my nieces, but we won't be seeing them today. We had all kinds of truffle issues, but I have no clue why. One batch of ganache for the truffles came out gooey and slimy, so we had to dump it. The other batch was too soft to roll, so we just dipped those in dark chocolate and dusted with cocoa. They seem to be a hit. Btw - that wooden barn is...
I realized today that DH and I didn't get anything for each other's stockings. They're pretty wimpy because they're just filled with a few things my mom got for them. Oops! DD's stocking, as well as my moms, are stuffed to the brim. That's all that matters to me. Merry Christmas, ladies.
Thank you. That works then, since I got 12 from deconstructing Gerber diapers to remove the poly batting. I'm planning on stocking up on the bigger sizes next.