or Connect

Posts by cameragirl

I didn't get any newborn prefolds, just the regular infant size. I have 3 dozen.
How many doublers/soakers would you recommend keeping on hand? We're planning on using mostly prefolds, but have some AIO's. I am making doublers, and am not sure how many we'll need. I'm planning on making them with flannel, micro terry, etc. They'll probably be at least two layers of terry and two layers flannel. I also cut apart Gerber prefolds to remove the poly batting, and am making doublers from six layers of the Gerber cotton weave, and flannel to cover. ...
I saw this and loved it. Gotta love dads like that.
Well, the Christmas Crack came out like soft toffee. It is still delicious and tastes like caramel and chocolate covered pretzels, but I don't think my husband cooked it long enough. He claims he did...but he's been a bit absent minded lately. We'll probably remake this for gifting, and use the soft stuff for treats this week. (Or share with the neighbors.) I just don't think it will work well in the cookie tins we planned to put it in. I would definitely recommend...
It could be a few things. Baby switching positions, baby engaging early, emptying your bowels if you've been constipated, etc. Leaks can do that as well, but it doesn't sound like you're worried about that.
Yep - I'm in the March DDC. They say to try to allow for 1-2 weeks to get the drug out of your system before delivery, so you should be fine.
The chiropractor did adjust my pelvis, and recommended squeezing a pillow between my legs a few times a day as needed. I'll have to see what the OB says, since I saw her nurse at the last appointment. I already have mobility issues, so this has been hard to deal with emotionally.
I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and started having pain in the SI joints in October. Three weeks ago or so, I woke up with my pubic bone feeling bruised and swollen. I've been treating at home per Ob's suggestions, and see a chiropractor regularly that is trained in pregnancy care and the Webster maneuver. So far, nothing is helping and it is has gotten bad. I went out for a quick trip to the dollar store today for some cookie tins, and can barely get up to use the bathroom...
I did with my daughter for an abscessed tooth, and I have to this time around as well for other reasons. (Medical condition that causes rigidity and severe spasms, and I am having minor surgery to install a port in my chest in a couple weeks.) I spoke with a perinatologist about the medication early in the pregnancy. The real risk is withdrawal or depressed respiratory function if the painkillers are taken close to or during labor. If you're only taking them for a week...
So true - especially when the holidays roll around. We've been dealing with a 5 year old that is super cranky between the presents being under the tree, the preparations, and her still under-developed sense of time. It is hard for her to understand that Christmas is only a few days away, and it isn't that bad to wait a few days. We've been really struggling with keeping the freak-outs and bed time fights to a minimum. Just a few more days...