or Connect

Posts by cameragirl

Today we're making candies for the guys in the family. So far we've done Christmas crack and the Solstice Spice truffles are cooling. We'll roll them in cocoa tomorrow. We're also making the coconut truffles under the same link, and some cookie dough truffles. Christmas crack: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283916.0 Solstice and Coconut truffles: http://www.leftoverqueen.com/2011/12/06/diy-holiday-gift-series-decadent-chocolate-truffles PS - the...
We need some soakers for our stash, so I decided to make some with the Gerber prefolds. I cut the "wings" of the prefolds off and set aside. Then cut down the stitching around the batting so that I could get the batting out. I used the fabric from the outside of the padded section, and "wings", and layered. You end up with 6 layers of fabric. I pinned the strips, and cut in half to get a 4x8 or so pad. I'm planning on covering with flannel or terry from my stash, so...
Yep. Great old California. I'm convinced the DMV is actually a portal to Hell.
I need to stick to that plan, too. Coming down to the last few days is rough.
It'll be nice to have you over there. There is a lot more activity over there now.
I got that a lot as well, and it was true that we were having trouble conceiving. At first, I couldn't try again because we didn't know what was going on with my health. I needed a diagnosis first, and I wanted to know if it was genetic. Then we tried for some time before conceiving and having a miscarriage. Honestly, it really shut up a lot of people to tell them we've been trying for ages and can't get pregnant. Some people I would just look at, blank-faced.
You should be able to request to join by following this link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/124441584312990/
We scaled back on decorations and presents this year out of necessity. Dh was laid off and the budget was tight, so we had to with the presents. Honestly, that's okay with me. It isn't all about gifts. We found a great deal on Melissa & Doug toys, and got DD a wooden workshop bench as her big gift. She also getting some BOB books, a "grow a seedling in a test tube kit", and a "paint your own wooden bead kit". So, so got enough. I just had to be creative and really...
I got these wrapped up today. Just need to finish my nephew's dino toys, his blanket, and the purse for my MIL as far as sewing goes. We need to make some baked goods and truffles for a couple guys in the family, but that can spread out over the week. The polka dot case and purse: IMG_0013 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr IMG_0015 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr Case made from fabric from my niece's flower girl dress at our wedding (lining), and a gown I made for...
Definitely call your insurance, and file a report with police and the DMV according to state law. Here you need to file within 10 days. We had a fender bender (if you can even call it that) three weeks after DD was born. The lady slammed on her brakes in the middle of an intersection and below a hill where DH couldn't see her. He stopped, but tapped the bumper. We didn't see any damage on either car, but called the insurance company anyways. They took note of it and...