or Connect

Posts by Happy Mom

Ds, 7 months, developed a bad cold last Monday. His nose constantly ran through out the entire week. That alone didn't bother me because while the mucos was on the thicker side, it was clear. And since I try to avoid over the counter medicines I stayed away from the "cold care" formulas. (I did get Echineca/Eye Bright by Herbs for Kids as it is supports the sinuses & immune system during times of colds, flus, & allergies.) By the end of the week, the mucos became streaked...
My name is Happy Mom, and I am addicted to Pepsi.... I refuse to buy it in cans though because I swear I can taste the metallic taste of the can...... And I refuse to buy it in plastic bottles because I swear I can taste the plastic leaching into the soda... So..... That leaves only fountain drinks. I am without a doubt the most addicted fountain drinker standing on this earth. 9 months without it was torture...... And until I stop nursing I restrict myself...
I brought dd to the doctor's this morning for the fact that ds1, age 7, was diagnosed with strep throat earlier this week. This morning, upon waking, she had a fever of 101.8. And while I know that it is unusual for babies under the age of 1 to contract strep, I wanted to rule this out before their office closed for the weekend and we were left with the ER as an only option. (Thankfully, the strep test was negative) Now, while I believe fevers can be scarey, I firmly...
Diatomaceous Earth - You can pick this product up at the hardware or health food store. Another one is Boric Acid
Talk about over-abusing the use of antibiotics. The only problem is, it's not only the "user" that suffers - but the rest of us as well. My father in law always gets antibiotics for the "flu." It drives me nuts. After his bout with the meds, he's gonna have to buy a drum of yogurt to replenish the healthy live cultures, keopectae for the diarrhea, compazine for nausea caused by the antibiotic....the list goes on and on. It's just not worth the trade in health for the false...
Your Vital Child - Mark & Angela Stengler I really enjoy reading this book. It has some wonderful information. It describes in detail for each ailment (if you will) contemparary medicine, homeopathy, the use of aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, massage and acupuncture for children. Along with minerals & vitamins. Very down to earth, easy reading!
Forgive me if a conversation about this movie has already been posted! I don't ever get to the movie theatres and have to wait until I can rent it. (And, I hadn't seen a post to date) At any rate - saw K-Pax last night and loved it! Anyone else see this movie? I thought that Kevin Spacey did a job well done.
Although I fear I may get "burnt" (no pun intended!) for laying my thoughts out in this forum, I will do so to provide another perspective. First of all, I don't smoke pot, I have never smoked pot and for the record, nor do I intend to. However, having said this, it does not mean I have not chosen an alternative route as a "vice." To say that I haven't had an off/on again love affair with Marlboro for the last several years would be an out & out lie. (However, I would...
I can relate Greaseball. My mom died when I was 17 years old. * She died on Easter * Shortly before she died, she said "I just want to live long enough to see you have children." One month later, on Mother's Day I found out that I was pregnant (I had ds when I was just 18) *She died 2 months before I graduated from highschool *She died one month after she & my father reconcilled and chose not to divorce Since your brother died in an accident, that alone is hard...
Your dh is not alone! My dh gets really aggravated people refer to him babysitting his children.