or Connect

Posts by Adaline'sMama

I've had that fear before, and that disappointment. It's one of those things, it's nice to think you are pregnant and you don't want to be disappointed by the factual knowledge (even if it's not true!).    If I were in your position, I'd take a test (a pink dye test, not a blue dye test). But, you could wait until next week and take it- give yourself a specific day/time to do it, with a plan for what you will do after- regardless of the results.    For example, one...
I terminated a pregnancy in 2006, 10 weeks pregnant. I had partied pretty heavily, DH and I werent married yet and we were  not ready for kids. I can't say Im happy I did it, or that I don't sometimes regret it, but I think it was the best decision at the time.   We chose to get married and have kids soon afterwards. I made it very clear to him that I would never do it again simply for the reasons we did it before. I would still terminate if something was wrong with the...
 This is incredibly judgmental. There are so many moms who have no family support for breastfeeding, no partner, have to go back to work asap and don't feel that they can adequately pump and work. The idea that every mom can breastfeed is great, but honestly it's not feasible for some people. The idea that you can "choose" to stay at home after your baby is born or the idea that you can "stand up for your right to pump at work" is great for those of us in upper class,...
I see a second line :) Im a habitual early tester and I've only bee wrong once, and even then I think that was a chemical pregnancy. (Aaannnd, answers have always given me my earliest result).    It looks like you are positive! I'd wait and take another one tomorrow morning, or the next morning.
My twins are 2 years 10 months younger than my big DD. I did have one in between, and honestly, I do have to say that DD was still a baby when my son was born. I had to stop nursing her before I wanted to (no more milk) and I had two in diapers. That was awful.    With DD being almost 3 years older than the twins, it is almost a perfect age gap.    We plan on ttc when the twins turn two :). 
I was vegan and vegetarian for years and I felt like I was ALWAYS dissatisfied. I grazed and grazed and I still just "wanted something." I thought those were issues around poor food habits, but when I started eating meat I instantly felt satisfied. Plus, now that Im not vegetarian, I eat so much less processed food. And, I've lost a ton of weight in the past few months by cutting out most grains and dairy. Meat and veggies make me feel healthy and keep me from filling up...
~~~~This thread is great for reference, but we won't be adding any more people to it. Most of the ladies who were on this list have already had their babies. There is a new thread that is posted just above.~~~~~~~
If this were a normal situation where you had a community of people, plenty of friends, and someone insisited that you give  a heads up when nursing in your own home, that would be a dealbreaker for me. But, you need her as a friend. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices and concessions to be friends with people who may not have the same feelings about things as we do. Honestly, if you were nursing your newborn, and you saw that this was going to be a huge part of your life...
My kiddos are eating a ton- mainly fruits and veggies but some things like pasta and yogurt and meat (occasionally). They love to eat, but they still have problems picking stuff up on their own. 
When I was 9 I ran up the slid and my brother came down it on a tonka truck at the same time. I went over the edge and displaced a vertebrae. it was the first day of summer, and I spent the next 6 weeks in bed.  My brother had a bloody face from slamming into the ground at tonka truck speed and getting his nose slammed into his truck. I try to teach my kiddo that playground equipment is to be used the way it was intended. If you want to climb, climb up monkey bars or a...