or Connect

Posts by Mommel

I have to admit that I giggled when I read the title to this thread. I have done this on more than one occasion. I also failed to pay attention to how much he was rolling and accidentally let him roll off the sofa onto the floor at five months! Oh, I felt so awful... but babies have soft bones for a reason, I guess. A friend of mine dropped her squirming LO on a linoleum floor from standing height, and she was fine... definitely less traumatized than her mama! I'll bet...
  Yes, this!
  This is really interesting info (weight issues, social skills, problem-solving)... and makes good sense. I definitely struggle with the balance of being protective vs. overprotective.   I think that saying these cases are "incredibly uncommon" is a little misleading though. It really depends where you live. I live in a large urban center in the northwest and a quick search on my city's crime mapper website told me that in the last year there were 21 assaults, 5 rapes...
Just throwing in my two cents here... I didn't bathe DS much at all until he could sit up well on his own, mostly because he hated it. But once he started sitting up by himself, he started enjoying them more.   Here's how I introduced baths the second go around... Once I got the running water to a decent temp, I'd sit him naked in the tub at the end opposite from the faucet, plug the tub and let him watch it fill up... adding bubbles, etc. He could see the water...
  I realize this is an old thread/post, but I have to say that this describes me exactly. I haven't gotten an official diagnosis yet, but I have an appointment in June with my naturopath to discuss (earlier if I can get in sooner). I get full of rage and suicidal/homicidal and I hate it so much because it's so hard to supress and not scream. I have to be really careful to make sure that DS is ready to nurse and doesn't start and stop in fits because then I stay in that...
  I'm studying Econ right now. I truly think that if I can do full-time school as a single mama, almost anyone can. :)
Oooo! This is me. Since getting laid off four years ago, I've run a small non-profit (part-time) that I started for a while, I collected unemployment for a bit of course, I wrote some resumes, prepared some taxes, went back to school (I think I might be a student forever if I can), ghost wrote a blog for a small business (including running the owner's personal FB, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages - easiest work for good pay ever!!), got someone who runs a start-up that I used...
Soooo.... no one wants to touch this topic with a ten foot pole, huh?  
  I think it really depends on the industry and where YOU are located, but you could start by reaching out to local professional agencies in those areas: rotary, young professionals, etc. If you have a basic paying account on LinkedIn (I think it's fairly cheap), you could also look there. Use your network. LinkedIn is a great resource for contacts, and ask people you know to forward the information to people in that field.   From my experience, though largely depending...
So, how do you mamas define "single parent"?    Is it strictly based on marital/coupled status, or do you still consider yourself a single parent if you have to deal with an ex with regard to parenting? If not, when do you consider yourself to be no longer single? When you're dating or moved in together, or actually married (or partnered with a ceremony)? Or is it one of those things where once you're a single parent, you're always a single parent? And if your...