or Connect

Posts by lovesoup

Teddy (Theodora) was due 12/6 but she came early on 11/13 so I haven't really kept up with this group. She's doing great though, and you'd never know she was a 5lb 12oz peanut once  upon a time.   Tandem nursing for the first time:   Tiny "Baby T" at a few days old:   Teddy at 8mo:
Oops, I was expecting an email notification so didn't realize you had replied. We live in the Waldo/Brookside area, just a bit south of the Plaza.   If you see this, let me know where you decided to settle down in New Haven. We are still scouting neighborhoods and trying to get a sense of things from afar. I think we will be moving in late July or early August.  
Hi there, just found your thread while searching for info - we are moving from Kansas City to New Haven! Would love to hear what you've found out about places to live, schools, playgroups, etc!  
I'm still nursing my 15 mo fairly frequently, although my supply had already started to drop during my fertility treatment, and has continued to do so. He sometimes signs "milk-all done" to me now after a few minutes of nursing, which kind of breaks my heart. I'm still hopeful that we can keep going, but I'm also trying to enjoy it while it lasts in case it doesn't. Which takes a lot of effort because my nipples are excruciatingly sore and his latch feels like daggers.
Hi all! I'm C., and I'm mama to a 15mo little boy, born in December 2010. I found out last week we are expecting #2 on December 6th, exactly as I'd planned and hoped. I love December babies. LO is still nursing frequently at this time. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to keep my milk supply and tandem nurse, but of course I have no way of knowing if my body will cooperate.   LO was conceived via IUI, as was #2, but we've been very lucky to only need one cycle of...
My DH loves wearing our little one, and he loves mastering a new carry in the woven wraps we use. He especially enjoys the self-sufficiency of being able to do so many different carries with one piece of cloth. He loves having him on his back for long walks around the neighborhood. I think targeting men means showing them *using* baby carriers as a normal, everyday thing. It also means showing them how babywearing solves problems, and showing them the nuts and bolts of...
Forgive me, I have such trouble picking my favorite shots...   Jaz after his "rebirth" (aka floating in the tub) recommended by our midwife because he seemed to be having a lot of trouble adjusting to the outside world after my lightning quick (70 minute) labor:   My Dad on his birthday, five days after Jasper's, with Jasper in the Moby. I LOVE this.   Jaz doing his puppy dog impression:   That smile!   This was NOT staged. Like father,...
From first noticeable contraction (e.g. something that had a noticeable start and end, and a surge or wave-like feel to it) my labor was just under 1.5 hrs. From first menstrual-type cramp to birth was maybe about 2.5 hrs. I don't know how long I pushed because frankly it all felt like pushing, in a completely involuntary sense. Writing this reminds me that I really need to type up my birth story before I forget everything. Anyway, yes, ridiculously fast for a first...
I didn't even have a tear and I still used the frozen witch hazel pads. Great for the skidmarks, general soreness, and also hemorrhoids, if you're lucky enough to have to deal with that! I just wish I could wear them walking around during the day -- I'm using my cloth pads so obviously as they unfreeze they leave a big wet spot on whatever I'm wearing, so I mostly use them when I lie down in bed at night. I guess I could go out and buy a pack of maxipads for during the...
I'm having very similar issues. Jasper is sleepy all the time that I have to wake him up for feedings. I'm meant to be feeding him every 2 hrs because he had a bit of jaundice at 5/6 days (not enough to warrant light therapy). I definitely have an oversupply, so feeding him every 2 hrs is for my sake as well, or else my breasts get SO full and hard and uncomfortable and I am frankly terrified of plugged ducts/mastitis.   The two best ways I've found to wake him up...