or Connect

Posts by justmeandmybrood

Wow - what a great way to keep photos! With my children on the younger side (5 and 7), I have such a hard time paring down the photos...but for DH's and mine, that could be just perfect! I have a hard time with the scrapbooking items - my two problems are #1 I have gotten rid of a lot, but now have 2 small albums to complete before purging anything else. Therein lies another issue - I flubbed up on storing some pics so need to now find the specific pics needed for the...
After 3 yrs of constant decluttering, I have finally stalled. I have pared down in every room, and though my DD's doll collection is a huge space-waster, the dolls stay, lol! Now I enter the more minute details of decluttering, to include dealing with tons of photos to be put in sequential order and put into albums (DH's from his youth), dealing with supplies for scrapbooking, etc. that I have not used in eons, craft supplies...aaaaahhhhhhh!!!! What do you when...
Back in our DVD-collecting days, DH and I got some CD cases - nylon exterior, binder style with zippers and plastic sleeves that hold 3 on each side. We had one for DH's crud *ahem*, I mean, movies...and one for mine. Now of course I wish I had not done it since I would like to just get rid of vast majority of the movies, but at least we went from tons of cardboard and plastic cases all over the place to 2 binders, and they are easy to travel with/move with, too! Good...
My Mom used to make simple casseroles that I now make - rice, whatever fresh or frozen veggies you have lying around, a can of whatever cream-of soup you have, and toss in some leftover chicken or beef (even ground beef). I will sometimes top with a little cheese and the more veggies you add, the healthier and bigger your casserole will be
So happy to read such great (and realistic) replies! We live outside of DC, so HCOL. We have a family 4 (plus I am pregnant). Our kids are ages 5 and 7: Please post a) How much you spend each month Last month we spent right at $611, including a few household products b) What sort of foods do you buy: organic/conventional (which items), pastured/conventional, raw, etc. I buy some organic (milk is all homogenized organic, about 1/3-1/2 of produce, some...
I went from having mostly Tupperware to now having mostly glass Pyrex storage bowls for leftovers, etc. My problem? I have so many mismatched pieces that I have a set of 3 bowls/lids that nest, a set of 2 rectangular dishes/lids that nest, etc. And I only have one smallish cabinet to store it all, yikes! I would love to hear your system, products you use, and even see pics if you have any of your storage bowls/stuff
When we owned our own home, I did not line b/c I did not want to mess it up, and I have a hard time doing it to the standard I would like, lol! However, living in Army quarters mostly, I always line them
This rental has an older fridge, so we have only the one temp control...we have 3 drawers, so one is for cheeses, 1 is for fruits, and 1 is for veggies. Of course there are times when the fruits and veggies must co-mingle if i have more of one than the other, lol!
Do you all have a great system for keeping the kiddos' school things at bay? Last year with only a 1st grader, I kept a large fabric basket in the kitchen for his bookbag, lunchbox, Spanish bag, art bag, library books, and dictionary for homework time. This year, I have 2 in school and one basket is not enough. I do not know if I want 2 large baskets hanging out on the floor, but since they do homework right there, we have a generously-sized kitchen, and I like to...
If it was my kitchen, I would leave them on...for a couple reasons - dust and things might look too busy and more cluttered for my taste. It sounds like you already have made up your mind though, lol, so take those puppies off an enjoy your kitchen