or Connect

Posts by justmeandmybrood

I would also keep it - if it would sadden you as much as it sounds, it is not worth it to get rid of it. We have a few pieces of flea market finds from our time overseas - great memories, wonderful pieces...but were crowding us out of one of our former homes. However, now we are SO happy we kept them - we are welcoming our "bonus" baby, whose room will need these pieces...once we move in April (baby due in 6 weeks, lol)! Do you have any room in your bdrm maybe to...
Oh, and make sure there are no odd smells or anything too strong in any direction, whether it be from pets or plug-ins!
We also rented a storage unit and put plenty of furniture in there to leave plenty of open space in our house. We nearly emptied out drawers, cabinets, closets, etc. to make those also look larger. We had lots of knick-knacks at the time, which I also mostly boxed up, as well as plenty of the plethora of family pics. The experts typically mention doing this to make it seem less "your" space and to allow a potential buyer to envision their own belongings. Fix...
Woo hoo! I find that once I start, I get on a great role, too! Can't wait to hear about what else you accomplish this week
For DD, she has 2 drawers for outfits (top 3 are small, for undies, pjs, etc.). 1 drawer was for play clothes and there were stacks - knit dresses, outfits (hers were mainly a skort with coordinating tee and the like), then a stack of a'la carte tees and a stack of other skorts to mix and match. The 2nd drawer were going out clothes - for preschool, shopping, etc. (Then church clothes were in the closet.) It helped tremendously to separate the 2 drawers for us so...
It is a great idea to give this book to new parents! Mine are 7 and 5 and I am getting a late start, though not going as extreme as the author suggests. With #3 I will have better habits to begin with and not have to worry about wasted time, space, and $.
I had to giggle - DH and I have been married going on 12 yrs and only very recently has he learned that *my* systems have to fit *my* life and needs...there have been many times that my husband, who never enters the kitchen except to help with the dishes, has come into the room and reorganized according to what what he thinks makes sense. He then proceeds to get frustrated when that system does not work for me - he is also military and also thinks that if I conform my...
Aw, DTMama, you can do it! I keep *almost* all the craft supplies out for DD (especially now that she is a new 5 and better able to clean up after herself, lol!). When she was 3, I put away some of the more piddly things for special art projects - I was so overwhelmed with the 2 little ones and having to declutter the art supplies! Could you maybe separate out some of the more piddly things (for us, it was the beads, foam ABCs, sequins, etc.)? As she has gotten older...
I know that is not easy, so WOO HOO!!!! Great going!
Julia, you are amazing! Keep up the great work!!!! And keep inspiring all of us, tee hee!