or Connect

Posts by CliffRose

Hi, I', wondering if anyone has experience making a sourdough culture with spelt. I made one, but it seems way to liquid/thin. I fed equal amounts of flour and water. It smell fine though. I've seen videos about sourdough, and the starters seem thicker than mine.
I've made sour beets from WF before, and used them in borsch. It turned out pretty good.
My usual recipe: 300 grams (about 2 cups) whole-grain spelt flour (I use a scale) 1 tsp each sugar and salt 1.5 tsp baking powder 2 tsp yeast (I buy bulk from our health food store) 3/4C water 1-2 tsp olive oil I use a bread maker on the dough setting, and let it rise an extra 20-30 minutes. It's fantastic every time!
Quote: Originally Posted by StephandOwen Ask ex if he'll pay for a taxi for you and ds to the airport and for you back home? We live in a tiny town, no taxis here Quote: Originally Posted by thyra Why can't you get your car fixed? I don't think thats your ex's responsibility. And, I personally think its your responsibility to find a ride for your ds - especially since this most likely isn't a last minute trip. I...
DS is going on a trip to California for a week leaving Sunday. My ex is already there and has arranged for his wife's parents to fly with ds (they are going too). We live over 1 hour from the airport. My car is broken down, so ex asked me if he found a ride for ds, if I'd go with him, and I agreed. He found a ride for DS, but didn't tell the person that I'd be coming too, and there is only one seat left in the car, and it's for ds. DS doesn't know the person driving him,...
I'm 27. I'm a big fan of denim short/mini skirts. I usually wear them with 3/4 length or long legging, and a t-shirt. In the winter, I'll either wear legwarmers over them (I buy them on ebay) or 16" black leather boots and black laces (http://www.shoeline.com/asp/dcpItem.asp?style=A923), and add a long sleeve shirt under my tshirt
Well, the title pretty much says it all. I've decided last winter that we were not going to celebrate Christmas anymore, but celebrate the solstices and equinoxes instead. My son was 4 then, and seeing Christmas as the holiday where he gets present and that's it. Too meaningless for me, but as we are no Christian or Jewish, we had nothing religious to celebrate. And we have no family anywhere close, so it's not like we have a family event to go to. So... the fall equinox...
I'm going to try to keep this relatively short... My mother is very unbalanced mentally and emotionally. She is super manipulative, often called me names/put me down when I was a kid, she is extremely controlling and disrespectful. A few examples to illustrate: last time she stayed with us, she was staying in ds's room. My house is non-smoking, and she smoked IN his room. She fed him solids (white bread and non-organic pineapple) when he was still exclusively...
Here's the list of ingredients: Glucose syrup (corn), sucrose, gelatin, citric acid, lactic acid, ascorbic acid, dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, zinc gluconate, biotin, calcium d-pantothenate, colors (annatto, black carrot and turmeric), natural flavors, folic acid, cholecalciferol, pyridoxine HCI, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin, choline bitartrate, inositol, fractionated coconut oil and beeswax (to prevent sticking) Supplement facts for 2 gummy...