or Connect

Posts by GretchenC

A wise friend once told me that the best thing I can do for my kid was to teach them that they were very loved but not the center of the world. She said this to me while I was freaking out about how to deal with my newly born second baby. Now that I am on to baby #4 I can see she was right. It is ok for my big kids to have to wait a moment for a "want" while I am addressing a "need" of someone else. It is good for my older children to see that we care for those who can't...
Wow, sorry I totally forgot his stats! He was 9lbs and 2oz, 21.5 inches long. BIG BOY and might I add he had a BIG HEAD (14 cm). He is my biggest baby so far and of course the one I had without medication :)
He is here! Here is his birth story, copied from my blog. Enjoy :)   On Thursday night, Matt had to be in the city for a press event. Around 10:00 I texted and asked him for an ETA and he said he would be home around midnight. I took my very round self and went to bed. I slept fitfully, big and uncomfortable and being woken up by contractions every so often kept me from falling into a deep sleep. At 3:00 am I got up only to find Matt wasn't home. I was irked,...
My in-laws will be here tomorrow. I told them that I wasn't due until the 19th and they should wait for a bit to schedule there trip. They are currently planning to stay until the 26th. I reminded them that babies don't have calendars inutero and this little boy is welcome to show up when he needs to, which may be after the 26th. They said that was fine, they would just extend their trip. Nothing like feeling like a bug under glass and threatened with an extended stay...
My husband said this weekend is good for him so if I could just go into labor already... :) I think he is saying that because today was a long day at work and he doesn't want to go back. My 6 year old has told me it is time for this baby to come out. I am feeling pretty zen about the whole thing. Guess we will wait and see!
Here is me at 37 weeks. 
We have just started a new and expecting moms community group in Hackensack! Free of charge and a great way to meet other moms and ask questions. We meet at the YMCA of greater Bergen county on Friday's at 10-11:30. We would love to have you come and join us!
While waiting for all these laboring mama's to tell us how things are going, anyone else feel like there baby CAN'T come yet?   I have informed baby-boy-yet-to-be-named that he has to stay put for now. We have friends coming into town for a long weekend, my husband has Yankee's tickets and I have tickets to see Newsies on Broadway on Saturday. So, sorry kid, get comfortable, you have to stay where you are until at least Monday. Next weekend would really be...
I have gotten the full gender review too! Makes me so irritated! We have 3 beautiful little girls and would have completely considered ourselves blessed to have a 4th, but we are having a boy this time. Which is cool by me and hubby. But I have gotten so many "you have FINALLY gotten your boy!". Ummm yes. Because the first 3 were just failed attempts? Or because that means we can stop having babies? Really, how am I to take that?   Love that there are other grumpy...
Yay! Hope this is your big day! Glad you got some rest, keep us posted :)