or Connect

Posts by Trigger

I have stated before that I disagree with this sort of one-size-fits-all teaching in the RC church.  Situations involving fertility, infertility, pregnancy, and such are highly individualized and nuanced (i.e., the situation that inspired this thread).  I think that Church teaching blatantly ignores the individual, and draws too solid a line across the board.   Some theologians feel that there is no solid Scriptural basis for these teachings.
Be sure to link the thread.
  I am so deeply sorry for the pain this revelation must cause you.  I realize that your relationship with the Church has suffered, and rightly so; but please do not allow your relationship with Our Father to suffer as well.  He will be faithful to us, even when our own church is not!   YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.  It is the leadership of our church, and anyone else who had a hand in covering it up, that is responsible for this crisis and its aftermath.   If your...
I just want to clarify that I never said marital abstinence is a sin.   However, I do firmly believe that long-term abstinence in an otherwise happy and healthy marriage IS going to be harmful to the relationship.   Also, JMJ?   I fail to see how any of this is supportive.  Granted, you're very good at stating the Church's official teachings, but otherwise ... not so much.  The facts are: AM clearly loves her non-Catholic husband, she cannot safely continue to bear...
The Progressive Catholic Voice
PM Amydoula, she is a doula in the area (Albany) and would probably know others who are as well.
If there is enough room for your children to lie down, why not just let them?  My kids wanted to do this when they were little too - as long as they weren't in anyone's way we just allowed them to stretch out on the pew with their lovey or a small quiet toy,  It was a whole lot easier to focus on the Mass when we could do this - of course, at the time we were attending a larger church with long pews, and  lots of empty pew space, so it was easy.   Kids talking during...
Quote:   Perhaps Bibleman could help?       ... according to Wiki
Firstly, I would like to come back to this:         I'm not so certain that this is the correct position to take, either.  Remember that sex is an integral and important part of a covenant relationship.  Its purpose is not only procreation, but also sacred union.  It's really part of the ritual of the sacrament of marriage.  It isn't fair, or spiritual, to deny this to yourself and your DH.  IMO you would both suffer from such a decision.   Also, that could be a really...
Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm Catholic and strongly disagree with exactly this sort of across-the-board, one-size-fits-all Church teaching.  I pray that you have a kind and understanding priest with whom you can discuss this matter, because a hardliner with only make you feel worse about the whole thing.  Do you have a spiritual direction program in your diocese?  This sounds like a perfect situation in which you might consider choosing a Spiritual...