or Connect

Posts by vermonter

hi there, we just got back from traveling to central America for a couple of weeks. Our dd is not vaxed. We did not need to show any proof of vaccinating our dd. Just an fyi-We made sure that we gave her lots of vitamin C and echinacea daily. She is still breastfeed also-at over two years of age-so still getting antibodies. She was the healthiest of the whole bunch and never caught a thing. Oh, we also made sure we cleaned all cuts and scrapes well and then...
[QUOTE=sbf]That is simply not true. There are some things that don't require laws. Like the right to breastfeed. Or the right to breathe. Actually, Vermont just passed a law a couple of years ago giving women the right to breastfeed in public places. I believe Colorado just did the same.
It all comes down to law. I agree with Piglet. I probably is a private for profit organization. They then have their own written rules and regulations probably based on federal and state statutes. You can ask for a copy of those. They also should have been posted for the public to review. Personally, I would not let my child, at age 7, wear a shirt like that. I don't think a child of that age could fully understand the implications of the message or why someone...
Hmmm...well I know that if I have two people over for dinner that causes enough stress for me to breakdown even before I started effexor. Consider how much stress is involved with getting things ready. Did you have any help? If it's anything like my house....I do all the work before, during, and after the party while everyone else relaxes and enjoys. Give it more time.
My new therapist believes I have a pretty severe hormone inbalance and wants to me talk with my dr. about adding welbutrin on top of my effexor SR 150mgs. I was so bummed out and upset about this. I want to start tapering my medication eventually and not adding another one. So, what can I do naturally? I just feel like adding another medications is heading down a slippery slope..am I wrong to feel this way? Any recommendations are truly appreciated. Thanks.
I believe there is a book out by Thomas Hale, PhD. that discusses this very topic. You could probably search the la leche site to find it or go to your local La Leche meeting to discuss. I am still bf'ing my 2 year old and am on Effexor. I did research and spoke with a few other people about it. The benefits far exceeded the minimal risks (apparently just trace elements go thru via bm) for my baby. I have a friend with a newborn and she started on Lexapro prior to...
It was wonderful! I highly recommend it to everyone. This movie was an eye opener. After this movie, I was embarrassed to be an American actually. I am not consumer driven at all, we don't have tv, don't eat at McD's, support local businesses, etc. However, I believe that I am in the minority and that most Americans are truly like the ones depicted in this movie. It was so sad. I can't say more about this movie. I wish my dd could have seen it. I hope everyone sees...
Hi, I too am worried about weaning off of Effexor. I have been on it for almost 9 months and it has been a life saver, marriage saver, and parenting saver for me. I am on a much higher dose than you-150mgs. I started on 37.5 then went up to 75. I found that I plateud on that and was really back to feeling in the dumps. I went to see my dr. and she relayed that it was possible to plateu on this medication. So, it was upped to the 150 which I believe is the standard...
Hi everyone, My dd just got back from her 2 year well baby visit. I did not take her my dh did. He relayed that they were really pushing the tetanus shot on this visit. Our dd has never received a vaccination and I don't want her to. It was my understanding that the temperatures are too cold up here to let Tetanus grow. According to my dd, the ped relayed that she can administer the individual tetanus shot but if she were to go to the er she would get the dtap. ...
We had to go to extremes with our dd's hair and ended up cutting it all off. She has the cutest short hair now. The battles between washing, detangling, brushing were just too stressful on all of us. Our dd would end up with the worst dreadlock style knots in her hair even after one night of sleeping. So, everyone is happy now.