or Connect

Posts by vermonter

Not sure if you have ever heard of a Dutch oven...but my dd and dh are cooking all night!!! Oh, and another great night. DD went to bed around 7:30 woke up at 4am for a snack and back to bed to 7ish. I am sooo glad we did not do the switch to her bedroom bc I love waking up with her in the morning.
Ditto for me too. I will be cancelling my subscription also.
Hi everyone, Just wanted to say that finally, after a long 11 months, cosleeping is finally going really well! And that I LOVE IT. We have finally figured out our set up. Never thought that we be so difficult! So, our bedroom consists of 2 mattesses and a cosleeper. After all this time we finally figured out that our dd really needs her own space. So, she sleeps on a twin next to our kingsize bed. We have also figured out that she wakes up to pass gas and is not...
Hi Christy, thanks again for the information. Fortunately, I am feeling much better today and getting lots of fluid and rest. This time I am following dr's orders for getting rest. Actually, it's nice to have an excuse to rest now. Mamaste, yes I was tested with a rapid test responder (I think that is what they are called). It came back positive. First time around it was a throat culture. The odd thing is is that we just can't figure out where this is coming...
hi Christy, Thanks for the response. Do you know if taking Echinacia is ok when breastfeeding?? I have heard that it is too acidic. However, the nurse today mentioned taking it. Any thoughts. Also, is goldenseal ok to take when breastfeeding? The pharmacist warned me against thrush. I have never had it and hope I do not get it. I have been eating a yogurt a day to help counter act the antibiotic. She also recommended cranberry juice. Thanks again.
Hello all, It seems that I can't kick this strep throat thing and am on my second round of antibiotics. Can anyone suggest any natural remedies for this or any preventative measures. I started taking major doses of Vitamin C and some zinc to boost my immune system. The nurse I saw claims that being tired, nursing, total lack of sleep, etc is causing this thing to stick around. I have since cleaned the bathrooms, bought new toothbrushes for all, etc. Any other...
Hi all, I have been battling a bug for about three weeks now which included diarrhea, vomiting, and then on top of that I got strep throat. My dd also got the diarrhea vomitting. She is still a little on the lethargic side but seems to be getting better. Will she get teh strep?? She is still nursing. I am now on penicillen and the dr. said that would pass to her, but not affect her adversly. I hate to go on antibiotics...I can't even remember the last time I was...
hi there, I'll try to help here but am far from a yogini. Anyway, I do "ashtanga" yoga. This is a very active form of Hatha yoga and it makes you sweat A LOT!! There are different types of ashtanga. With the normal class you generally do the first series which consists of a sequence of poses. The same sequence of poses is done each class. Then there are mixed ashtanga classes which combine a whole bunch of poses from the four series of ashtanga. I do ashtanga...
hi, thanks for the response. dd has always been a super fast eater-no longer than 6 minutes per side and only nurses on one side per session. she has always gained well-she is almost 25 lbs and about 30 inches tall. we have never suplemented with formula. She always seems satisfied and stops the feedings when she is done. She also nurses during the night-about 2 times. DaryLLL does this sound alright? I think that my supply has usually been pretty good-although...
Hi all, My dd is in daycare three days per week. She is starting to get some solids now and drinks plenty of bm (mostly morning and at night). When she is not in daycare she usually feeds in the am, once around 2, and then before dinner. This is not my schedule it is hers. She has never been one to really demand the boob. Anyway, if she drops the 2 pm feeding when she gets a little older (she is currently 10 months old) would it be ok to not pump for daycare? ...