or Connect

Posts by vermonter

hi there, Just wanted to say that that was us a couple of weeks ago. We have instituted a new routine where dd goes to bed with me and I nurse her to sleep. She is then put in the cosleeper bc she is crawling now and dh and I don't go to sleep til later. We use the cosleeper in the play pen mode. DH will then sleep on the cosleeper side and I am on the other side of dh. When she wakes up he comforts her and if she goes right back to sleep we know it is not a food...
oh hugs to you. This sounds very familiar. I actually posted something very similar about my almost 9month old. Anyway, we were cosleeping and it was just not working. So, starting this past Monday we moved dd into a sleeper right next to our mattress. Since we have done that I have gotten one 5 hour stretch of sleep and one 7 hour stretch of sleep. I can't tell you what a difference even getting this small amount of sleep has made. I am happy, dd is happy, dh is...
Hi there, I am having the same problem as you-see post below. My dd squigles, squirms, slaps, kicks, tosses and crawls. It was becoming quite the circus in bed at all hours of the night. She was exhausted, I was exhausted, dh was getting exhausted. I was up nursing atleast every hour. Well, what we finally did was put her in the cosleeper. For the first time in about 8 months I got a solid 5 hours of sleep !! It made all the difference in the world and this...
Hi all, We need serious help with cosleeping right now. Our dd is now getting up almost every hour and deciding that it is time to crawl all over the bed, off the bed, onto the wood pile, etc. I usually immediately grab her and nurse her. I don't think it is a case of wanting to practice to crawl as she has been crawling now for quite a while. Anyway, In the past she used to just fall right back to sleep but not anymore. Now I find myself now drapping my arm over...
Hi there, Yup, we got plenty of snow down here. I am guessing we have about 16 inches with the snow still falling Have you thought about using a piece of lambskin. There is a danish wool company that advertises in mothering mag where you can purchase them. Our dd uses one definitely seems to keep her toasty and that way she is not on the plastic mattress protector. I personally hate using those as they make me sweat but dh likes to use them. I guess we are doing...
Hi there, Just wanted to say that we live about 45 min south of you in Ferrisburgh vermont. My babe is almost 8.5 months. Well, we cosleep and sometimes dd is on a mattress next to our bed. We keep her warm by a. her sleeping on a sheepskin, b. blanket sleeper, and a blanket with an open weave but heavy in weight also. most of the time however she is in bed with me and we share a down blanket (which is a no no but she is notorious for not liking covers anywhere near...
I have one scheduled at the end of this month and am wondering 1. do they hurt?? 2. I am breastfeeding still, will it affect my milk? 3. should I pump and dump afterwards. Thanks all.
Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott. It is hysterical and sooo true. She writes what I only wish I could say sometimes about the first year of motherhood with such an excellent dark sense of humor. Just thought I would recommend this to all the new moms out there like myself.
Tess Clara Ruddy is finally here. She made her debut about a week late and arrived on May 1st. She was 9lbs. 4oz and 22 inches long. We had quite the long labor -30 hours- and had ultimately planned to go natural. However, 27 hours into it we, both mom and babe, needed a little help with the laboring process. I have to say that even though our birth did not go as planned it was still a wonderful experience and our midwife was spectacular. My husband and I felt...
Hi There, Both my birthing instructor, midwife, and yoga instructor recommend using a down ward dog yoga position to help facilitate a baby to turn. Basically get on all 4's (hands and knees) and then stick you butt up in the air and straighten your arms. basically you want to look like a triangle. you can keep your arms bent too. You may also want to try a modified shoulder stand too. Just get on your back and lift your legs up in the air. Try not to worry too...