or Connect

Posts by BRC_MacKenzie

We have the boob popping,  bopping, scratching thing going on here too.  It's normally in the evenings, I guess he needs a break from the cluter feeding stuff before going back for more, so I hand him to DH for a little while and all is well...but today it was all day and no husband around so it was a bit rough. Luckily DD took a good nap at the same time as he calmly nurse napped with me so I got a bit of a break then. I think he's having a growth spurt but I already...
I tore with both DD and this birth but only added  herbs to my sitz baths this time and I felt like it made a big difference in how I felt.  My tea came w/ my birth kit and I can't remember everything it had but sounds pretty similar to willfulmama's list. There are also some available on etsy but then you would have to wait for mail.    Also, I had a little relapse at about 3 weeks also. I did get stitches so thought it was just one working its way out but I took it...
@MirandaM - Oh no! It's awesome that you took some actions to feel better but I'm so sorry it didn't quite end up working out. But Dowton Abbey always did wonders for my soul so I think you have a good plan B going on. 
Okay, I'm feeling better now. I wasn't too worried until I started looking things up online :-) I'm pretty active, not really by choice, but more because I have a 2 year old who is having major issues with not being the only anymore. But my MIL is coming this weekend so it will be three adults and 2 kids so I should be able to be a tad bit more lazy. 
I'm at 5 weeks and mine's still going and I'm getting a bit worried. I think I went about 6 weeks with DD so it isn't the length of time that bothers me (well, on a more than practical level that is, I'm more than ready to buy new unstained unstretched out underwear but that is a whole 'nother post)  but more so that mine is still bright red. There isn't a lot but from what I've been reading it should be pink/brown by now. I'll probably call my midwife tomorrow just to...
Ascher - That sounds a lot like my DD#1. I had oversupply with her but it took me a while to figure it out. Eventually I realized that sometimes, especially in the evenings, she just wanted to comfort nurse but kept getting milk anyway so she'd nurse, throw up everything and make a huge mess, then repeat 1-2 more times. Our poor couch, the slip cover did not survive those first few months :-) I started block feeding and that helped but around 12 weeks my hormones settled...
That's funny because it seems like what my little guy is up to as well. He'll sleep all day and I spend the whole worried he'll be up all night but nope, he just wants to wake up every couple of hours, fill up his tummy, look around for 10-15 minutes, then crash again. And I agree with the enjoyment part too, DD didn't sleep through the night (5+hrs) a single time until she was 18 months and at 2.5 she has just started to consistently make it through the night so I...
My little one isn't a big pooper either - we are lucky to get one every 24 hours. But that one poop is pretty big! Officially "One poop" is the size of the hole your hand makes when you make an okay sign which really isn't that big - not big enough to get all over the diaper, cover, and every inch of fabric within 5 feet of baby.     The big deal with output is that it indicates input so if weight gain is good, it shouldn't be a cause for concern. If your worried...
~45 minutes I had been having mild contractions for a few weeks but the day or two previous they had stopped, even when DH and I took a hike earlier that day I only had one or two tiny ones.  First contractions a little after 10pm was very intense. Next contractions and I was in transition - shaking and doubting myself. 10:50pm and 3-4 pushing contractions and he was out.  It was brutal, overwhelming and a bit scary (midwife wasn't there yet) but also liberating...
  I was just thinking the same thing :-)   Congratulations on your new little one!