or Connect

Posts by BRC_MacKenzie

FAM is basically NFP for non-catholics :-) You can use condoms instead of abstaining. So the difference is really more religious/philisophical ideas and motivation rather than the method itself. 
I tried the pill for a few months right before we got married but even though my fiance (now DH) lived in another state and could tell just from phone conversations that would not be an option - basically I turned into a whiney witch :-) That combined with daily migranes forced us to look into other options and reading about hormone stuff, I'm really glad we did.   We've done FAM for 5 years and both our pregnancies were planned. It was trickier to chart after DD was...
My DD did that. She wanted to comfort nurse a lot but I had oversupply so she would just nurse, throw up, then keep nursing. It worked for her I guess but it only made my oversupply worse since my body stared thinking I actually needed all that extra milk she was throwing up/out every night! (our biggest problem time was the evening "witching hours"). Once I figured out why she was doing that, I started block feeding - basically I let her nurse as often as she wanted but...
I'm not sure about statistics but I started out at a normal weight, gained at least 45lbs last time and had a fairly easy (<6hr) labor at home with no complications even though baby came out with her hand by her face. Baby girl was only 7lb14 oz and I lost all the weight by 9 months. This time I'm at 29 weeks and have already gained 32lbs so I'm pretty much on track to gain 45-50 lbs again. It isn't fun to gain so much weight especially during the heat but I know it is...
I've had similar experiences with friends and it is really hard to sit back and watch people you care about making, what in my view at least, are really poor decisions.   I've learned not to even get involved or say anything unless I specifically asked for information if I can help it. The less I know the easier it is for me to be "supportive" and not stick my foot in my mouth at a time when it could easily hurt the relationship - but my DH gets frustrated when...
We have slightly textured walls - they were probably very textured 50 years ago when the house was built but they have many layers of paint now :-) but instead of decals I used fabric and liquid starch to make a tree for my DD before she was born. It was really easy and cheap. I actually wrote about the process on my blog here: http://brcbanter.blogspot.com/2010/03/msm-tree-for-nigel.html Since then we've moved but the tree was easy to move and you can see it put up...
The best thing I did was go to a AP style baby boutique when DD was a week or two old and get a bra fitting. I ended up with a bravado that fit me great. Of course, it was $$$ compared to the other bras I got but at 2 years old, it is still with me when they aren't (I just use it with target nursing tanks now). I'll probably get another one (maybe two if I get a gift card!) soon for after the baby comes since this one is showing its age (and no, I don't hand wash them...
I had heard that about meconium too but didn't have any problems with meconium staining and we started with cloth from the very first diaper. The few that did get spots cleared up after an hour or two in the sun. I just pulled out my newborn stash for this baby and they look great. And that olive oil trick is great even if you are using 'sposies since it helps get baby clean too. Actually, I'm really looking forward to new baby diapers again - toddler diapers/dirty...
I'd probably do one and I'm not a big ultrasound person. We only did one ultrasound with DD which I was kinda pressured into when I was still seeing an ob and she couldn't find a heartbeat, in hindsight, I just think she was very inexperienced, but whatever. With this baby, we haven't done any. We actually talked about this because twins run in both sides our family - there are something like 7-8 cases, its ridiculous, and my DH's grandmother has surprise twins so I was...
Floradix did wonders for me last time. I hated the taste and the cost but once I saw the results, I knew it was worth it (I was at a 9.1 before taking it, up to 13 or so after 2 weeks of Floradix). This was a good reminder that I probably should pick up a bottle and start up again. My MW hasn't tested me yet, I think she will next week when she tests my blood sugar though and I don't expect it to be great although we are eating more red meat now that we have 1/4 of a cow...