or Connect

Posts by CraftyDoulaMom

My yard isn't fenced so I can't actually let my almost 4yr  and almost 6 yr olds outside totally unsupervised but...   I do let them go play outside right in the back yard while I sit at the dining room table (the dining room has french doors that look right out into the back yard). I keep the door cracked open so I can hear what is going on and the rule is that they have to be within sight and hearing. If I have to go to a different room for some reason, where I...
Quick update here-   We have a friend whose kids have chicken pox! We're seeing them tomorrow and hopefully will get enough exposure. Once I'm fairly sure we're contagious I'll post again. This friend doesn't want to do a pox party (her kids are very shy) but I'm willing to do a get-together of some sort or another. For those willing to travel a little bit we are in the western Willamette valley, about 35min NW of Salem off of OR-22, about 40min from Lincoln city on...
It's not just her own children she's endangering, she's endangering every other person in her path whether it be other drivers, pedestrians, bicyclists etc. Driving while buzzed is still driving while impaired. I am married to a (sober for the past 18mos) alcoholic who thankfully in all his years of driving "buzzed" and drunk, never harmed himself or anyone else. The DUII he got 18mos ago was the best thing that ever happened to him and to our family. Given the husband's...
My first was born when I was 26 and my second at 28. I'm 32 now and we're done having children that are biologically ours but have not totally ruled out the possibility of adopting in the future.
We're still looking. I know that we have at least three families here in town that are keeping their ears and eyes open for an opportunity. Darn chicken pox vaccinations. When I was a kid the whole neighborhood got them at the same time.
My kids are just shy of 4 and 6yrs old and I do leave them in the car for a few minutes at a time when I run in to the post office or the library to return a book. I only do this though if I can park in a spot where I can see the car from inside and only if it is not very cold/hot so that I can take the keys with me as I don't want them to have access to the ability to turn the car on/off, roll up/down windows, etc. We live in a town with fewer than 2000 people where...
We live in a very small town so our policies are probably different than those in large cities, especially since the children's librarian knows just about every kid that walks through the door. Kids 3 and under have to have a parent in the same room with them, kids 4-7 need to have a parent in the building, and kids 8 and up can be there alone so long as the librarian has the parent's contact information. And although she knows the policies she also knows most of the...
Hi! I've actually been a member on here for ages but sporadic internet access and two very busy children have meant that I am rarely on and often only as a lurker.     My kids are 3.5 an 5 and I'm now starting to actively think about exposing them to chickenpox. Our little tiny town (Willamina, OR) has a few of us who have chosen not to vax for it but none of us has managed to get our kids exposed so that we can get it spread around. Not sure how to actually...