or Connect

Posts by Greenlea

I think babies will generally tell you their schedule, and you just pick up on it and go with it. I've never put my babies on a schedule. At 2.5 mths we do not have a nap schedule, he sleeps whenever and for how ever long. He does go to daycare 4 days a week, and at this young age she does the same thing. Now as they get older the will nap at the same time each day, but again I usually had them nap at the time they choose. I didn't dictate, I just followed. Most care...
Bambi I would just stick with it for a little while longer. With Silas I was sore a good 2 weeks. To the point I would cry and hated nursing him it hurt so bad. I thought it was due to a bad latch as well, but the pain completely went away and he has the same latch. So glad he's nursing with out the shield now too!
I only have a single style pump. I just wear a nursing bra and a regular top. I don't take my top off but just lift up my shirt and undo my bra the same as I would if I were nursing. I have to pump in the supply closet, as its the only available room with an outlet and a door thats not being used during the day. I don't feel comfortable asking someone to leave their office so I can pump. I do worry about someone coming in as the door has no lock though. Where do you guys...
My friend's infant son has had a rash and double ear infection for almost 40 days straight. No meds are helping the ear infection and her elimination diet is not helping him either.  After a blood draw it was found he is allergic to peanuts. I believe he is having a reaction to his shots - as this all started right after his last doc appt where he received his shots and because of the thread I read on peanut oil in the vaccine.   I need info to give her on how to...
Nevermind, got my answer.
I think everyone has different pumping experiences. I am not able to pump at the same time every day and really only get to pump once at work. I pump in the morning after his morning nurse and usually get 3 oz. I get between 5-8 oz when I pump both sides at work, pumping only once. Then I pump when I get home after work, after he nurses, and get another 2-3 oz. Luckily he only takes 7-9 oz while at the sitter so I don't have to worry about him needing more milk at this...
I have a Baby Hawk mei tei which I love. I've carried my 2.5 yr old on my back with it and he falls asleep.   Here's me using a kangaroo carry with Silas in my ring sling.      
Silas laughed last night! I was pretending to eat his hands and he was giggling. So cute.
How old are your kids? Can you do a chore chart or something along those lines to where they only get priviledges when they do their chores? They can only play after chores are done? You may have to still bug them for a little while, but eventually it should become routine to them. Have you talked to your DH about this? About how you need a break? Because from the sound of it you need to just walk out the door and not come back all day! Its only going to get worse when...
Hope your first day back was good! I went back to work at 6 weeks PP, so about 4 weeks ago. So far its been okay. I work 4 days a week. I pump once or twice a day while at work depending on who's in the office. Will you be having to pump?