or Connect

Posts by Baby~Braatens~Mama

Hello! My family has been blessed and I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with our second little one. This pregnancy has been completely different. I have been sick and uncomfortable from the beginning. Very excited to get to know you gals!
It's nice to see you gals!  Thank you all for your responses!  Green, I will definitely be pming you!  I have found sort of a middle ground with Elance.  I set up a page there and started bidding any and all jobs I think I am capable of.  In the two weeks I have been there I have secured 5 jobs, 4 of which were general transcription.  I may not get rich there, but my Elance account has become financially set for a year through the earnings I have made.  My plan is to let...
Constantly told:  Nursing your babe to sleep will make your child unable to fall asleep without nursing.   My little man was sitting on my lap after his diaper change.  We were playfully fighting over the keyboard (he reaches out and touches as many keys as possible, I move his hands and delete any "words" he has added) as I placed a bid for a job.  He giggled and leaned back and yawned really big.  I asked him if he was sleepy and laid him on the couch, stretching...
Took him to the doctor today. They tested him for RSV, pneumonia, flu and who knows what else, guess the doc thought he had RSV. We even had to do x-rays which DS did not like... Nothing. So, the cough sounds scary and the bill will be high, but baby is ok.
Does anyone here do this? Do you enjoy it? What do you do?   I schooled at home and recently graduated from a professional medical transcription course. Every day since completion I have been online filling out applications, taking pre-employment assesments and sending every transcription company I can find my cover letter, resume and two sample reports. I can not find a company willing to hire an entry level medical transcriptionist. It seemed like such an...
Hello. My babe has had a very scary cough for four days now, but no fever and he isn't acting sick. The day he started coughing he was also drooling, and when he inhaled he did aspirate the drool and then choked until I turned him upside down and performed the baby heimlich. Then he spit up huge and was listless for about ten minutes. It was the most terrifying moment of my life and happened once again Saturday, the day after the first incident. That time I did not have...
My ds had sleep smiles (and coo's and grunts) from day one and gave us his first real smile right around 3 weeks. By 5 weeks he would smile "on demand" and hasn't stopped since. He is the goofiest, sweetest guy and has the most contagious laugh, which he started working on before his 3 month bday.   That being said, every baby is different, as is shown by the pp's. My sisters babe wouldn't smile (other than sleep smiles) until around 3 months, and is a very happy,...
 I LOVE it when ds plays peekaboo with people!   My lo likes to grab at our faces, too... But he is more about digging his fingers into our cheeks and grabbing our teeth, eyes, nose etc. He likes to open mouth "kiss" our cheeks, slobbering everywhere and giggling up a storm!   At the top of the reply box there is a toolbar. The eighth box from the left contains the tools to post a pic (inert image, the first icon in the eighth box from the left: third box from the...
  Caleb is 19 weeks old today. He is 26 inches long and is 17 pounds. He tells long stories using is "ag-goo-ar-ga-abu" and has been rolling over (belly to back) since he was 5 weeks old. He can roll back and forth and scoots himself around his playmat or on the hardwood, and has even worked his feet under his little butt and raised it up! He can sit unassisted for 3 minutes, but always goes for his toes and then ends up getting stuck down there ;). He laughs and...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41071734/