or Connect

Posts by MyFullHouse

I just received notice that our ped practice will drop patients who aren't up to date on "primary" vaccinations (whatever that means) by their second birthday.  I was actually about to schedule check ups for my 3, 7, 8, and 12yos soon, but that will obviously prove problematic.  I am willing to travel outside the immediate Pocono area (we currently cross over into NJ for drs.) if need be.  I'm hoping for a ped familiar with MSPI, but that isn't an absolute must, since we...
Looks great, to me! I've been sleeping on random patches of PUL from my diaper fabric stash, and I like that it isn't as sweaty as vinyl. I haven't bothered to sew it together to keep it from bunching though.  Maybe one of these days!
Dh and I are pretty sure our 7wk old is dealing with reflux. The poor kid is miserable most of his awake time, can't stand to be on his back, and spits up constantly, in various amounts. He's EBF'ed.   My 7yo had many of the same issues as a baby, EBF'ed and then EFF'ed.   Our ped had us put her through a barium swallow and endoscopy that showed nothing, gave no dx, and no remedy.  She outgrew her symptoms many months later.   We're still with the same practice,...
Most of my kids are 3.5 years apart, but my daughters are only 13 months apart.   On the plus side, the girls do history, science, spelling, grammar, and any "extras" (music, art, etc.) together, saving me tons of time.  But one dd is dyslexic and the other is a bit advanced, so they're actually 2 years apart in math, and do writing and reading separately, and the younger gets more one-on-one time.   Despite the age gap, my 12yo actually does part of his history...
My youngest ds will be 7 weeks old tomorrow.  He was hospitalized at 3.5 weeks, in a very, very good children's hospital.  Our stop in the ER before admission was not so very, very good.  Long story short, he was forcefully retracted during catheterization, enough to bleed on the next couple of diapers. Physically, he seemed fine not long after, and continues to seem fine.  Emotionally, I'm a wreck, and haven't even been able to put the whole story into words yet. I...
John Geisheker? That's good to hear.  Thank you!
I found the post with the email for the doctor who will file complaints for forceful retraction, but I see that it's from 2004. Can anyone tell me if this is still current?
I never regretted going straight to the convertable with spring/summer babies.  This time around, I didn't *want* a bucket seat, but I felt it would be best for getting in and out of the house and quick stops elsewhere with a December baby, and it's proven to be just that.   "Warming up the car" is a misnomer for us.  I could warm up that minivan for an hour and all of the heat will pour right out while piling in the other 4 kids, let alone the baby, with the wind...
Contact Human Resources at your dh's company.  We recently had a similar issue that came to light when our newborn was admitted to the hospital.  HR got it all straightened out for us in a day.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you both! My guy fought it off for 3 weeks (some of the other kids were sick from the day we came home) before caving.  You have 3 more weeks of bm benefits going on over there than we did, which is certainly a positive thing!