or Connect

Posts by rbkincaid

They're 12 days old. Both babies are nursing well (at the same time), but they get full/sleepy after 10 minutes. They're sleeping 3-4hrs in between. My son camped out at the breast for 30+ minutes at a time, so I'm a little concerned "they're not getting enough."   Is it possible that they're just efficient eaters? I can feel my milk let down MUCH sooner than with my son, too. They seem to be gaining weight appropriately.   Also, my breasts are full and...
Thank you all!   I'm currently reading as much as I can (and eating & resting more, too) so I feel like I'm playing catch-up.   The plan is for me to go to light-duty in the next two weeks. This will involve desk work. My midwife sees no reason to have me stay home completely unless symptoms arise, so that's good to hear that some of you made it pretty far!   Will continue to read up on this board :)
thanks for the feedback!   was a little bigger/more nauseous this time around. also got heart tones at the first visit, 10weeks. i guess i should've gotten suspicious, but i figured second pregnancy + possible different gender?? definitely surprised a few weeks ago!   continuing to see my HB midwife, but added an OB (insurance provider) like you, as back-up.   good luck to you! will stay updated on here 
This was HUGE for me! Glad you're preparing for it!   I had a picture of a clearing in a forest hanging on our bedroom wall. That piece became an invaluable part of my labor. I would focus on it and imagine I was there, and everything felt so peaceful.   I also enjoyed soft music in the background, but not as much as I thought. And I kept getting hot, so candles were out. Guided imagery and focal points were key!
I had a beautiful homebirth in October of 2009. It was my first pregnancy, and I was thankful to be surrounded by midwives, family, and friends.   My girlfriends and grandparents sat downstairs while I labored upstairs. They played cards, made music, baked cookies, and video-documented their encouragements to me. My husband, mother, and midwives stayed upstairs with me. I bounced from bed to tub to shower to birthing ball. The whole thing lasted 22 hours or so, but...
I want to give you some encouragement as a nurse. I am not in L&D, but I'm friends with several   There are some things that just come standard... if you address them in your plan, it might make it look like you "don't know what's up." That can lead to them rolling their eyes and ignoring the rest of the plan (& your wishes).   For example, intermittent monitoring is a given at our hospital. Only high-risk situations call for continuous monitoring. If I were...
PLEASE OH PLEASE keep this thread going! Just found out my April24 pregnancy is a set of twin girls! Yikes!   For the record, I measured 28wks at 21wks, fundal-wise. My midwife just laughed. I guess it only gets worse from here, right?
I contract about once every hour or two, I'd say... sometimes not at all until after lunch, but definitely on a daily basis. My midwife just wants me to keep an eye on things. And I even called the OB/GYN at the insistence of coworkers, and they said the same thing!   I'm sorry you're unable to move around much these days. I can only imagine how frustrating that is. :(
I've only known this pregnancy = twins for three weeks now (found out at gender u/s), so I'm catching up on some research!   I'm a registered nurse on a med/surg floor. Until we found out it was twins, I'd planned on working until the end, like I did last time. Tell me your working stories! Financially, we can't afford for me to be out for months. However, I want to homebirth these babies like our last pregnancy, so I know I need to take care of...
* EDD: April 24 * Name: Rachael * Age: currently 24 (will be 25 at EDD) * Location: NC/SC line * How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise! DS was 9mos. * What number child is this for you: 2nd/3rd * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband; 2 amazing stepsons; 1 son (14mos) * Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): TWIN GIRLS, OMG * Names you like (& are willing to share): probably Laurelei Rose & Isaiah Jane * Birth plans/preferences:...