or Connect

Posts by equilibrium

Moving our boys to a shared room (step-bros) starting next week. They will have bunk beds. They are 9.5 and 5.5. What should be do about bedtime in a shared bedroom?     The 5.5 year old usually goes to bed by 745pm and 8pm at the latest. He is up about 7:10am to get dressed, eat, etc and be ready for me to take him to school at 8:30am.   The 9.5 year old usually has a 8pm bedtime but he is allowed to read for 15-20 minutes or so. He also is the one that stalls...
Thank you for your reply. Very true. I have to get some counseling as well. I have a 5.5 year old very much hyperactive ADHD and I am diag combined-type ADHD which makes it really difficult. I am definitely having a hard time. We have to have set boundaries in our house-respect rules, etc.  It can get quite chaotic and I just don't know how to "let it all go" because the other kids pick up on it quickly. Especially my 5 year old. When he doesn't disagree with...
I need help. I feel like we are going crazy at home and we have no ideas on how to parent our increasingly difficult son (my stepson) and not sure of techniques to try. I need help.   I don't want to sound mean about him and stay objective but I am starting to have a bit of resentment in having to deal with him-he tries to absorb all attention around him all the time and we have other children (5 and 1.5)     There is much more to the story but a short form: Dh...
I don't know our alltime best frugal tip but we have done a lot of little things that add up to big savings over a longer term. First, stop driving the minivan! It's expensive on gas and too many trips mean too many fill ups. Stay close to home. We (three kids) pack our own water and snacks and lunch when we go anywhere. Even the little snacks have kept our expenses down by not having to get something on the go. We hardly ever buy kids clothes or boots new. Gently used...
We need to come up with a visual board of expectations and say consequence, etc for appropriate and inappropriate behaviour for our kids. The oldest are 5.5 and 9.5.   The 9.5 year old is my stepson so that presents some other difficulties but the theme with his behaviour is really never understands how his behaviour or actions affect other people, the other children. He excuses and blames others for anything-not even important things. This is not a new age related...
I have severe nausea and vomitting of pregnancy (NVP) and now on Diclectin 8 times daily. But, I am getting side effects and I think it's being overdosed a bit now-hard fast beating heart, can't stand for long, severe vertigo,  dry mouth, etc. I have vertigo without the meds too though. I will call motherrisk counselors when ds2 goes to sleep for his nap (he's so very loud right now). Any ideas? Tips?   The 4-6 a day wasn't cutting it and I get the "sit and rest"...
Hi all. I'm a fluffy mama and just found out I am pregnant with #3. My stats are 5'2 and about 175. To put in perspective ds#1- I was about 130lbs and went up to 195 day before I gave birth. ds#2 I was 142lbs (3 years later) and went to 194. Ya a pound less. Now, my ds2 is 16 months old. I haven't lost anything really except for that overnight eight loss of about twenty pounds when I gave birth. I've had a very isolated non-active last year with some struggles with diet,...
I have been having crazy terribly moodswings, exhaustion, emotional frustration, etc etc. I have had AF since he was born. DH is like "what is going on???" I am like "I have no idea and I hate it". It's like I have no control over it. I am snappy, sooo tired I cry and I am getting better sleep this month than the past plus one years. I am annoyed, I don't even know what's bothering me. Then I feel better. Then it's back. I am about 22 days post AF day 1. My cycle is 31...
Thanks for the tips! The keflex totally irritates my tummy so I have to take with food and will keep up the probiotics. Good pt about keeping it going for a few weeks. Besides the tummy issues I got last time (and ahem, the bathroom issues I got) I also get yeast infections after taking antibiotics so I am hoping this time I don't. Thanks everyone!
I appreciate all this discussion. I went to my GP today and since it's still very sore even to the touch, he is putting me on Keflex 4x500mg a day for 7 days. And I have to return in 7 days, and sooner if get's worse. He said he doesn't suspect thrush because of the lack of symptoms (white spots, lol) around the nipple. I think he's wrong with assuming a certain symptom must be present (visual) to diagnose but this is a trial thing. SO, basically not sure what it is but...