or Connect

Posts by brigala

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Graco-Recall-Leiana-Ramirez-Death-Lawsuit-Car-Seat-Safety-245232161.html  Graco's assertion that this defect has not been linked to any injuries is a LIE. When NHTSA pointed this out to them in a public letter, their reply was that the case was settled and covered by a confidentiality agreement. Which, apparently, means it never happened and the child did not die and nobody was injured in their efforts to free her from the car seat...
The new Graco seats TiredX2 mentioned are also narrower than the MyRide so they tend to fit better in more vehicle situations. Personally, I think they're a HUGE upgrade over the MyRide, and I would choose them over the MyRide any day for a number of reasons including ease-of-use, more vehicle-friendly design, and more longevity both RF and FF in terms of height. There are three "clones": The Size4Me 70, and the Headwise 70 (Target exclusive), and the MySize 70 (Babies R...
It is approved to twist the female end of the buckle a maximum of 3 full turns.   It would be interesting to see how the Nextfit fits.
What is your son's height, weight, and age?   Britax car seats in general fit in almost all cars. The Roundabout 55 isn't terribly expensive. The downside is that they don't offer as much rear-facing capacity (in terms of height) as many other seats in their price range, and leg room for the child is kind of pitiful. They should get average-height kids to age 3 or so rear-facing, though, so unless you are hard-core a hard core ERF family (like I am, LOL) or unless...
I feel your pain. My daughter is hovering near the RF limits of her spare car seat and she turns 3 next month and I'm very stressed out about it. LOL!   I suppose if your budget allowed for it, you could consider a taller convertible. Evenflo seats aren't known for their rear-facing height capacity.  
If a 2-door car were my primary mode of transportation, I would use an infant seat for the newborn stage.   One of my vehicles is a 2-door and it's not too bad to put my toddler in the back seat and have her climb into her car seat while I climb in behind her, sit in the adjacent seat, and buckle her up. But I really don't think I'd want to try to climb into the back of a 2-door with a brand new baby squish.   A lightweight, compact infant seat would be ideal. I...
Thank you for posting this.   For parents who don't believe this can happen to you, or who are quick to pass judgment on another parent who "forgets" to drop a kid off at day care on the way to work, please take some time to read this article.   http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-03-08/news/36840402_1_courtroom-tissue-class-trip   Warning: Have a box of tissues nearby.
1" is the rule of thumb limit, and I'd say if he's under the overall height limit and has 1" of room left it's OK. Make sure you are measuring correctly, though. Many many parents believe their kids are too tall several inches before they actually are. Here's a great link with a picture which shows how the space is measured (and how it's commonly mis-measured).   http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201
If you like Britax, why not get a Roundabout 55? It's great for petite kids, and it's a lot less expensive than the others. $150 is a typical sale price and I occasionally see them for as little as $100 on a very good sale.   If you decide to go for a Graco, I like the MySize 70 (BRU version; also known as Size4Me 70 or Head Wise 70) better than the MyRide 65/70.
The Ride Safer Travel Vest is legally classified as a belt positioning booster.   I would absolutely use one for travel once my child is too big to rear-face and is old enough to use a booster seat, if I'm going to be traveling with her much. So that will be after she's 4 years old, by which point she'll be well over 40 lbs (she's 38 lbs now at only 2.5 years old). For rare/occasional trips I'll deal with the hassle of taking a regular car seat; and once she's too...